Biography / Wiki
David Beckham is a famous and successful former English professional football player. This soccer star has played for clubs such as Manchester United, England, Real Madrid, and the L.A. Galaxy. David was born May 2, 1975, in Leytonstone, London. He developed his interest in football in childhood itself.
He started playing for England’s legendary soccer team ‘Manchester United’ when he was 18. In the history of football, he is the only Englishman to score in three different World Cups. Apart from football, he created his own brand of clothing and participated in numerous charity works.
Height / Weight / Age
|Date Of Birth||May 2, 1975|
|Height||In Centimeters – 183 cm
In Feet and Inches – 6’
|Weight||In Kilograms – 75 kg
In Pounds – 165 lbs
|Shoe Size||10.5 (US)|
David’s net worth is estimated to be $350 million approximately. His car collection includes Rolls Royce Ghost, Porsche Turbo, Chevy Camaro, Audi S8, Bentley Mulsanne, Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, and many more.
Education / Family
David was born to Ted Beckham who was an appliance repairman and Sandra who was a hairstylist. He has two sisters named Joanne Louise Beckham and Lynne Georgina Beckham. His family was a committed fan of Manchester United, who always attended the home match.
He attended Chase Lane Primary School and Chingford County High School for his elementary education. Since his school days, he developed his interest in football and played for a local team known as Ridgeway Rovers. As an amateur player, he went for trials at several clubs such as Norwich City and Leyton Orient.
|Real Name||David Robert Joseph Beckham|
|Nickname||Becks, Golden Balls, Davem DB 7|
|Birth Place||Leytonstone, London|
|Profession||Former professional footballer|
|School||Chase Lane Primary School, London
Chingford Foundation School, London
|Religion||Half Jewish and Half Christian|
|Home Town||Leytonstone, London|
|Debut||September 1, 1996|
|Fathers Name||David Edward Alan Beckham|
|Mothers Name||Sandra Georgina West
|Sister||Joanne Louise Beckham, Lynne Georgina Beckham|
Career / Fashion And Style
David made his debut for the senior team in 1992, where he signed his first professional contract with Manchester United. In 1996, he played in the Premier League and FA Cup double. In the same year, he also made his international debut for England.
As an integral part of Manchester United, he helped the team to win the Premier League, the FA CUP and the UEFA Champions League. He became the world’s foremost midfielder who has scored goals in 262 games and won 6 Premier League medals.
In 2003, he moved to Spanish giants Real Madrid and became a member of the ‘Galacticos’. He was associated with Real Madrid for four years and scored 13 goals. In 2007, he was again moved to LA Galaxy for which he scored 18 goals in 98 games. In 2013, he took retirement from professional football and focused on charity works.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
On July 4, 1999, he got married to Victoria Adams who is also known as ‘Posh Spice’. He has three sons Brooklyn, Romeo and Cruz and a daughter named Harper Seven.
|Girlfriends||Victoria Beckham, Businesswoman|
|Wife||Victoria Beckham (1997-present)|
|Children||Daughter – Harper Seven Beckham
Son – Brooklyn Beckham, Romeo James Beckham, Cruz David Beckham
The list of his favourite things.
|Favourite Actors||Tom Cruise|
|Favourite Food||Pie and Mash|
|Favourite Book||To kill a mockingbird|
Some Interesting Facts About David Beckham
- His parents supported Manchester United and to attend the home matched they frequently traveled to Old Trafford from London.
- In his autobiography, he revealed that he is connected with Judaism than any other religion.
- He has won 19 major trophies in the period of his football career.
- He is popular for his crossing ability, range of passing, and bending free-kicks.
- He was named the world’s greatest living players by FIFA, in the list of FIFA 100.
- In sports, he is considered to be one of the most marketable athletes.
- He was appointed as an ambassador for UNICEF UK in 2005.
- For children’s welfare around the world, he launched The David Beckham UNICEF Fund in 2015.
- For $2.2 million, he sold his wedding pictures to OK! Magazine.
- The movie ‘Bend it like Beckham’ was named after him.
- ‘Homme by David Beckham’ is the fragrance which is named after him.
- His hobbies are music and photography.
- He had been alleged to have illegal sexual relations in 2007.
- Alex Ferguson and Fabio Capello were his coach/mentor.
- Before being transferred to LA Galaxy, he won the Spanish La Liga title with Real Madrid.
- He has founded the David Beckham football academy.
- He has a fear of birds (ornithophobia) and fear of disorders (acrophobia).
- His jersey number is 7.
- The readers of Heat magazine voted him the best-dressed male.