Biography / Wiki
A Canadian actor Alan Thicke is also a songwriter, game and talk show host. He became famous for his role in ‘Growing Pains’ as a psychiatrist father of three children. He was born as Alan Willis Jeffrey on March 1, 1947. He was inducted to Canada’s Walk of Fame in 2013. He had an appealing voice and hence he became the first choice for hosting the game and talk show. Apart from hosting and acting, he is also a successful composer who has composed theme songs for various sitcoms. Before coming to the mainstream, he also worked as a disc jockey.
Height / Weight / Age
Alan Thicke weighs 79 kg in kilograms and 174 lbs in pounds. He was 178 cm or 5’10” in feet inches tall. He died at the age of 69 years on December 13, 2016, in Burbank California. His eye color was grey and hair color was salt & pepper.
Alan’s net worth is estimated to be $40 million approximately.
Education / Family
Alan Thicke was born as the only son to Shirley Isobel Marie who was a nurse and William Jeffery was a stockbroker. After his parents’ separation, his mother re-married Brian Thicke who was a physician. He has a half-brother named Todd Thicke and a half-sister too named Joanne Thicke. He was sent to Elliot Lake Secondary School for preliminary education where he was elected as homecoming king. Later, for further studies, he attended the University of Western Ontario.
|Real name||Alan Willis Jeffery|
|Birth Place||Kirkland Lake, Ontario, Canada|
|Date Of Birth||March 1, 1947|
|Age||69 years (at the time of death)|
|Height||In centimeters – 178 cm
In feet inches – 5’10”
|Weight||In kilograms – 79 kg
In pounds – 174 lbs
|Hair Color||Salt & Pepper|
|Profession||Actor, host, songwriter|
|School||Elliot Lake Secondary School, Ontario|
|College||University of Western Ontario|
|Home Town||Ontario, Canada|
|Debut||Film – Copper Mountain
TV – First impressions
|Fathers Name||William Jeffery (stockbroker)|
|Mothers Name||Shirley Isobel Marie (nurse)|
|Brothers||Todd Thicke (half brother)|
|Sister||Joanne Thicke (half-sister)|
Career / Fashion And Style
In the 1960s, Alan began his career by writing for Canadian Broadcasting Corp programs. He continued writing and also began composing theme songs for game shows.
In 1977, he became the producer and writer for the talk-show parody Fernwood Tonight and did the same for ‘America 2-Night’. From 1980-1982, he hosted his own ‘The Alan Thicke Show’.
He received major breakthrough from ‘Growing Pains’ where his character was adored by the audience. His success was followed by numerous guest appearances on both daytime and prime-time TV programs.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
He married thrice and Tanaya Callau was his wife till his death. He had three sons named Brennan Thicke (from first wife Gloria Loring), Robin Thicke (from Gloria Loring), and Carter William Thicke (from second wife Gina Tolleson).
|Girlfriends||Gloria Loring (actress)
Kristy Swanson (actress)
Gina Tolleson (former miss world)
Tanya Callau (model)
|Wife||Gloria Loring (1970-1983)
Gina Tolleson (1992-1999)
Tanya Callau (1999-present)
|Children||Son – Brennan Thicke (from the first wife)
Robin Thicke (from the first wife)
Carter William Thicke (from the second wife)
Some Interesting Facts About Alan Thicke
- Alan was famous for his acting and he has hosted many shows. His role in ABC TV sitcom Growing Paris as a psychiatrist father was remarkable.
- He also composed theme songs for numerous sitcoms such as Different Strokes, Celebrity Sweepstakes, The Wizard of odds, Joker’s Wild, Wheel of Fortune, The Facts of life, etc.
- Robin Thicke, his son is best known for his pop hit ‘Blurred Lines’. In 2013, he was inducted into Canada’s Walk of Fame.
- A marijuana dispensary is run by his elder son.
- On the day of his death, he played Ice-hockey with his son and felt a heart attack and died.
- He has appeared on the popular show ‘How I Met Your Mother’ four times.
- His hobby was collecting hockey pucks.
- He became the manager for Canadian teen-singer Rene Simard.
- He was a member of Delta Upsilon Fraternity.
- While studying in college, he worked as a disc jockey.
- Once his nose was broken by Gordie Howe in a celebrity hockey game.
- He became a spokesperson for Optima Tax Relief in radio spots.
- He was featured in the music video ‘Voices That Care’ in which he sang in the choir.
- He was elected as a homecoming king while graduating from Elliot Lake High School.
- His character in Growing Pains was ranked 37 in the list of ’50 greatest TV Dads of all time’ by TV Guides.
- In 2004, he hosted Miss Universe Canada Pageant.
- In 2010, he appeared in a commercial for ‘CCS Medical’ which is a diabetes supply.
- His ethnicity was Scottish, Irish, and English.