Biography / Wiki
It is very rare to see any Japanese female wrestler in the ring. Asuka is a Japanese professional wrestler. She was born on September 26, 1981, in Japan with the real name Kanako Urai. She has become popular because of the number of titles she owns and the accomplishments she earned.
Apart from being a wrestler, she also works as a businesswoman, journalist, and graphic designer. She was inspired by Keiji Mutoh, Saturo Sayama, and Minoru Suzuki to take up wrestling as a career.
Height / Weight / Age
|Date Of Birth||26 September 1981|
|Height||In Centimeters – 168 cm
In Feet and Inches – 5’6”
|Weight||In Kilograms – 54 kg
In Pounds – 119 lbs
|Hair Color||Black (usually dyed red/orange color while wrestling)|
|Dress Size||Not Known|
|Shoe Size||8 (US)|
As of 2019, Asuka has an estimated net worth of $2 million.
Education / Family
She was born and grew up in her home country Japan. No information is revealed about her parents and their occupation. She attended Osaka University of Arts Junior College to complete her graduation.
From an early age, she developed a deep interest in wrestling and sports. Apart from wrestling she also participated in skating and badminton. Before entering to wrestling, she worked as a graphic designer and she still owns a salon in Japan.
|Real Name||Kanako Urai|
|Nickname||The Empress of Tomorrow|
|Birth Place||Osaka, Japan|
|College||Osaka University of Arts Junior College|
|Home Town||Not known|
|Debut||NXT – October 7, 2015
RAW – September 18, 2017
|Fathers Name||Not known|
|Mothers Name||Not known|
Career / Fashion And Style
She made her professional debut in wrestling on June 16, 2004, under the name Kana in AtoZ. But after 18 months she took retirement due to her poor health. On September 22, 2007, she made a comeback as a freelance wrestler and played for various promotions including NEO Japan, Ladies Pro Wrestling, pro wrestling wave.
Along with Takahashi, she has won the NEO Tag Team Championship on October 10, 2009. After bagging achievements and titles, she appeared in WWE’s NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn event on August 22, 2015. She signed a contract with NXT and adopted the name ‘Asuka’.
She participated in the battle royal episode of NXT but failed to win the championship. On September 11, 207 she signed with WWE under the brand RAW. She defeated her rival Emma at TLC: Table, Ladders & Chairs match.
She defeated Dana Brooke in three seconds and made a record of the fastest win in a women’s match. She defeated Flair and Lynch and became the winner of the SmackDown Women’s Championship.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
|Marital Status||Not known|
Here we are providing you the list of her favourite things.
|Favourite Wrestlers||Minoru Suzuki, Antonio Inoki, The Great Muta, Yoshiaki Fujiwara, Triple H|
Some Interesting Facts About Asuka
- Asuka has a great and beautiful meaning, while ‘Asu’ stands for ‘to fly’ and ‘Ka’ stands for ‘bird’.
- Asuka is considered more or less means to be on a ‘higher plane’.
- Before becoming a professional wrestler, she worked as a freelance graphic designer.
- It is rare to know that Asuka made her in-ring debut in 2004 under the ring name moniker Kana on a not-so-popular Japanese wrestling promotion named AtoZ.
- She was diagnosed with citing chronic nephritis which is an inflammation of the kidneys caused by various infections and toxins.
- Due to her disease, she had to take retirement from wrestling. But she could not stay away from the professional wrestling so she rejoined after a year’s span.
- She was one of the team members who designed the graphics for a popular handheld gaming console, “Nintendo DS”.
- In Yokohama, she also runs a hair salon named ‘Another Heaven’.
- She has 4 Gravure DVDs to her name. Gravure is a mix of softcore glamour photography and video.
- She also works as a video game journalist. She writes articles for XBOX 360 magazine.
- She owns over 3000 gaming related objects.
- Her hobbies are playing video games and listening to rock music.
- Her finishing moves are Asuka Lock and Spin Kick.
- She did not reveal any information about her personal relationship and family.