Biography / Wiki
Benjamin Netanyahu is serving Israel as a prime minister for two terms. He is a politician famous for his rich political history. Apart from being a politician, he also served in the Israeli Defence Forces and fought many wars.
Benjamin was born on 21st October 1949 in Tel Aviv, Israel. He participated in several missions including Operation Inferno, Operation Gift, and Operation Isotope. He was also associated with the United Nations as an ambassador of Israel. Since childhood, he led a disciplined life, which helped him in becoming a successful warrior and a smart politician.
Height / Weight / Age
|Date Of Birth||21 October 1949|
|Height||In Centimeters – 178 cm
In Feet and Inches – 5’10”
|Weight||In Kilograms – 78 kg
In Pounds – 172 lbs
|Eye Color||Hazel Green|
|Shoe Size||Not Known|
As of 2019, Benjamin Netanyahu has an estimated net worth of $138 million.
Education / Family
He was born into a family that was deeply associated with the history of Israel. Through a DNA test, it was discovered that he is part of Sephardi Jewish ancestry. Benjamin was raised in Jerusalem where he attended Henrietta Szold Elementary School for his education.
His school teachers mentioned that he was a responsible and punctual student. He studied architecture at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1972. He was doing a doctorate in political science but had to quit after his brother’s death. While studying, he took training as a combat soldier.
|Real Name||Benjamin “Bibi” Netanyahu|
|Birth Place||Tel Aviv, Israel|
|Profession||Politician, Economic Consultant, Writer, Marketing Executive|
|School||Henrietta Szold Elementary School, Jerusalem, Israel
Cheltenham High School, Pennsylvania, USA
|College||Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
|Home Town||Jerusalem, Israel|
|Debut||In 1988, when he joined the Likud Party|
|Fathers Name||Benzion Netanyahu (Professor of History and Israeli Historian)
|Mothers Name||Tzila Segal
|Brothers||Yonatan Netanyahu (Israel Defense Force Officer), Iddo Netanyahu (Physician)
Career / Fashion And Style
He served for five years in the Israeli Defence Forces. He was included in the team that rescued a hijacked plane at Tel Aviv Airport in 1972. In 1976, he was appointed as a management consultant for the Boston Consulting Group in Massachusetts.
He was selected as Deputy Chief of Mission at the Israeli embassy in Washington D.C. In 1988, the Likud Party elected Benjamin as a member of the Knesset. In 1996, he stood and the election for the Prime Minister of Israel. He took retirement from politics in 1999.
Later in 2002, he decided to return to politics. He became Minister of Foreign Affairs in 2002 and then in 2003, he became the Minister of Finance. In the banking system, he introduced many reforms and supported the liberalization of markets.
After working in various ministries, in 2009 he was elected as the Prime Minister of Israel. Again in 2013, he won the elections and became the Prime Minister.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
|Girlfriends||Miriam Weizmann (Army Personnel)
Fleur Cates (English-born Harvard Business School graduate)
Sara Ben-Artzi (Psychologist)
|Wife||Miriam Weizmann, Army Personnel (1972-1978)
Fleur Cates (1981-1984)
Sara Ben-Artzi (1991-present)
|Children||Daughter – Noa Netanyahu-Roth
Sons – Yair Netanyahu, Avner Netanyahu
His favourite things are as follows –
|Favourite Poet||Hayyim Nahman Bialik|
|Favourite Books||The Five Forefathers of Zionism by Ben-Zion Netanyahu
The Rise of Nuclear Iran – How Iran Defies the West by Dore Gold
|Favourite Food||Pistachio flavored ice-cream|
Some Interesting Facts About Benjamin Netanyahu
- He was born to a Warsaw-born father and an Israeli-born mother.
- He served as a combat soldier in the Israeli Defence Forces for 5 years.
- He participated in the Yom Kippur War in 1973.
- During the War of Attrition, he participated in various cross-border assault raids and rose to become a team leader in the unit.
- During his school days, he was polite, courteous, helpful, punctual, and responsible.
- Usually, it takes 4 years to complete a master’s degree in science but he completed it in 2 and a half years.
- To make it easy for Americans to pronounce, he changed his name to “Benjamin Ben Nitai”.
- His brother Yonatan was killed in 1976, in a counter-terrorism hostage-rescue mission Operation Entebbe.
- He ran the Jonathan Netanyahu Anti-Terror Institute, which is an NGO devoted to the study of terrorism.
- He got connected with Israeli politicians for the first time when he was the director of marketing for Rim Industries in Jerusalem from 1980 to 1982.
- He also became friends with Fred Trump, who is the father of Donald Trump.
- David Levy is his biggest rival.
- He is fond of reading non-fiction books.
- He met with Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat for the first time, in September 1996.
- He is crazy about ice-cream. His average consumption of ice-cream is 14 kg/week.
- He was criticized for going on a 6-day to New York. He spent $600,000 of public money and $1,600 on a personal hairdresser.