Biography / Wiki
If a person is a fan of the Star Wars series, it highly deniable mention the excellence of Carrie Fisher portraying the character of Princess Leia. Being born to superstar parents, Carrie was destined to make a career in Hollywood. She was born Carrie Frances Fisher on October 21, 1956.
She had earned fame and appreciation from the audience because of her artistic abilities and skillful rendition of characters. While sailing the boat of success she was trapped by the drug addiction which affected her personal and professional life as well. Despite her addiction, she never failed to wow her audience and critics.
Height / Weight / Age
|Date Of Birth||October 21, 1956|
|Age||60 years (At the time of death)|
|Height||In Centimeters – 165 cm
In Feet and Inches – 5’5”
|Weight||In Kilograms – 54 kg
In Pounds – 119 lbs
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||White (Dyed Dark Brown)|
|Dress Size||4 (US)|
|Shoe Size||5 US|
Carrie’s net worth was estimated to be $5 million approximately.
Education / Family
Carrie was born to Debbie Reynolds who was a musical superstar and Eddie Fisher who was an iconic actress. After her parents’ divorce, she was raised by her mother and step-father Harry Karl.
She has a brother Todd Fisher and two half-sisters named Joely Fisher and Tricia Leigh Fisher. She attended Beverly Hills High School for education but dropped out to accompany her mother on a road trip. She attended London’s Central School of Speech and Drama for 18 months.
|Real name||Carrie Frances Fisher|
|Birth Place||Beverly Hills, California|
|Profession||Actress, screenwriter, author, humorist, producer|
|School||Beverly Hills High School|
|College||Sarah Lawrence College, New York|
|Home Town||Beverly Hills, California|
|Debut||Film – Shampoo (1975)|
|Fathers Name||Eddie Fisher (singer)
|Mothers Name||Debbie Reynolds (actor)
|Brothers||Todd Fisher (actor & producer)
|Sister||Joely Fisher (half-sister)
Tricia Leigh Fisher (half-sister)
Career / Fashion And Style
In 1975, Carrie made her big-screen debut with the Columbia comedy ‘Shampoo’ and worked along with Warren Beatty, Julie Christie, and Goldie Hawn. She attained stardom from her role as Princess Leia in the Star Wars series.
Her drug addiction affected her soaring career as there was a major collapse in the lack of roles and assignments for her. Later she tried her hand at writing and wrote novels and poems.
‘Postcards from the Edge’ was her debut novel which was a best-selling. Initially, she appeared in many movies in supporting roles. From 2007-2008, she wrote and performed in the one-woman play ‘Wishful Drinking’.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
She was married to Paul Simon but it did not last for more than 11 months. She had a daughter from Bryan Lourd named Billie Catherine Lourd.
|Boyfriends||Chris Dodd, Politician
Harrison Ford, Actor
Dan Aykroyd, Canadian Actor & comedian
Bryan Lourd, Talent Agent
|Children||Daughter – Billie Lourd (from Bryan Lourd)|
Some Interesting Facts About Carrie Fisher
- Carrie Fisher did smoke and drink.
- Her father was fallen in love with her mother’s close friend Elizabeth Taylor and got deserted from the family.
- She was a bookworm who had an avid interest in English literature and poetry. To pursue a career in acting, she could not complete her high school.
- She was popular for her portrayal of Princess Leia Organa in the original Star Wars trilogy.
- She was also a novelist who wrote the number of books out of which ‘Postcards from the Edge’ became the best-selling novel.
- Paul Simon wrote the song ‘Hearts and Bones’ which describes his relationship with Carrie.
- With George Lucas, she had a love-hate relationship. She once mentioned that George Lucas had ruined her life.
- At the age of 13 she smoked pot and by 21 started using LSD. She mentioned that she had a big ‘weakness’ for cocaine.
- To deal with her bipolar disorder she got addicted to drugs.
- She discovered marijuana called Princess Leia, which was named after her Star Wars character.
- She worked as a voice artist on the animated sitcom Family Guy.
- During the making of Star Wars, she had a secret relationship with Harrison Ford which was revealed in the memoir ‘The Princess Diarist’.
- She died on 27 December 2016 due to a cardiac arrest.
- Her hobbies were reading and writing poetry.
- In 1998, she has attended a substance-abuse program for addiction to prescription drugs.
- Kim Painter was her personal assistant.
- When married to Paul Simon, she suffered from an ectopic pregnancy in 1994.
Social Media Profile(s)
- Instagram – Not Known
- Twitter – Not Known
- Facebook – Not Known