Biography / Wiki
An Academy Award winner Charlize Theron was appreciated for her acting skills and admired her glowing beauty. She rose to fame for her roles in the movies ‘The Devil’s Advocate’, ‘The Cider House Rules’, and the critically acclaimed ‘Monster’.
This most beautiful Hollywood actress gladly took on the unglamorous role of a serial killer in the movie ‘Monster’ which won her several awards and accolades including the Academy Award.
Even after having a difficult childhood, her mother encouraged her to move to the United States and pursue her dreams of becoming an actress. She is a soft-hearted person, who is involved in various philanthropic activities.
Height / Weight / Age
|Date Of Birth||August 7, 1975|
|Height||In Centimeters – 170 cm
In Feet and Inches – 5’9”
|Weight||In Kilograms – 55 kg
In Pounds – 121 lbs
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Dress Size||2 (US)|
|Shoe Size||9.5 (US)|
According to the sources, Charlize Theron’s estimated net worth is $120 million approximately.
Education / Family
Charlize Theron was born in Benoni, South Africa to Gerda and Charles Theron. She lived a difficult childhood because of her drunkard father who was killed by her mother in self-defense. She attended the Putfontein Primary School for elementary education and later went to the National School of the Arts in Johannesburg.
Since childhood, she was artistically inclined and loved to dance. She won a modeling contract as a teenager and her mother supported her for her interests. In 2012, she adopted a son and named him Jackson Theron. Later in 2015, she adopted a daughter and named her August Theron.
|Birth Place||Benoni, South Africa|
|School||Putfontein Primary School
National School of the Arts, Johannesburg
|Nationality||South African, American|
|Home Town||Benoni, South Africa|
|Debut||First TV show – Hollywood Confidential (1997)|
|Fathers Name||Charles Theron|
|Mothers Name||Gerda Maritz
Career / Fashion And Style
After completing her modeling contracts, she moved to Los Angeles at the age of 19. In 1995, she landed in her first film role which was a non-speaking role in the direct-to-video film, ‘Children of the Corn III’. In 1997, she appeared n the mystery thriller, ‘The Devil’s Advocate’ which was based on Andrew Neiderman’s novel.
She played the role of Candy Kendall in the film adaptation of ‘The Cider House Rules’ which won two Academy Awards. In 2004, she appeared in the Life and Death of Peter Sellers’ which was a movie about the life of the English comedian Peter sellers.
She was starred in the drama film, ‘North Country’ and portrayed the character of a woman who stands up against the rampant sexual harassment. Her brilliant performance earned her nomination for an Academy Award.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
|Boyfriends||Craig Bierko (1995-1997) (Actor & Singer)
Stephan Jenkins (1997-2001)
Keanu Reeves (2010)
Jeremy Renner (2010) (Rumor)
Alexander Skarsgard (2012) (Rumor)
Sean Penn (2013-15)
Gabriel Aubry (2017)
|Children||Son – Jackson Theron
Daughter – August Theron (adopted in 2015)
Here is the list of Charlize Theron’s favorite things.
|Favorite Actors||Tom Hanks|
Some Interesting Facts About Charlize Theron
- Charlize grew up in a tough environment, when she was 15 her parents got involved in a bad habit and her mother shot her father in self-defense. Her first language is Afrikaans whereas English is her second language.
- In 1994, her nude pictures were taken which appeared in the May 1999 issue of Playboy Magazine.
- She was ranked 4 in the 2001 FHM Taiwan list of “100 Sexiest Women in the World”.
- To quit smoking, she used hypnotherapy as an aid.
- To play the role of Aileen Wuornos in Monster, she gained 30 pounds.
- When she won an Oscar, she got an opportunity to meet former South African President Nelson Mandela. In 2004, she became a guest of honor at the Nelson Mandela Foundation in Johannesburg.
- For her title role in Æon Flux, dyed her hair black.
- At the age of 16, she won a modeling competition to go to Milan, Italy, and work on the catwalks.
- Spike TV honored her with the “Decade of Hotness” award.
- She is an animal lover and supporter of animal rights.
- She has established her own charity called the Charlize Theron Africa Outreach Project. The charity is committed to reducing the prevalence of HIV/AIDS and sexual violence among African youth.
- In early 2000, she founded her own film company “Denver and Delilah Productions”.
- In 2017, she became the Seventh highest paid actress with $14 million.
- For the role of Imperator Furiosa in Mad Max: Fury Road, she shaved her head.