Biography / Wiki
Danica Roem (Democrat) is the first transgender woman ever to be seated in a U.S. statehouse, that’s a cheering moment for transgender people and other minorities in the United States. She was born on September 30, 1984, in Manassas, Virginia, USA, and her hometown is also Manassas, Virginia, USA.
Height / Weight / Age
|Date Of Birth||September 30, 1984|
|Height||In Centimeters – 180 cm
In Feet and Inches – 5’ 11”
|Weight||In Kilograms – 65 kg
In Pounds – 143 lbs
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Figure Measurements||Not Known|
|Bra Size||Not Known|
|Dress Size||Not Known|
|Shoe Size||Not Known|
Education / Family
She was brought up by her maternal grandfather, Anthony Oliveto after her father committed suicide. She has a stepdaughter. She did her schooling at Lorch Lomond Elementary School, Loch Lomond, Virginia, All Saints Catholic School, Manassas, Virginia, Paul VI Catholic High School, Fairfax, Virginia and she did her graduation from St. Bonaventure University, Allegany, New York.
|Birth Place||Manassas, Virginia, USA|
|Political Party||Democratic Party|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
|Sexual Orientation||Not Known|
|School||Loch Lomond Elementary School, Loch Lomond, Virginia
All Saints Catholic School, Manassas, Virginia
Paul VI Catholic High School, Fairfax, Virginia
|College||St. Bonaventure University, Allegany, New York|
|Home Town||Manassas, Virginia, USA|
|Hobbies||Traveling, Reading, Playing Guitar|
|Fathers Name||Late John Paul Roem|
|Mothers Name||Marian Roem|
Career / Fashion And Style
She brought up in Prince William County, Virginia and used to be a journalism major at St. Bonaventure University. She openly came out as transgender in 2013.
She is also the singer for the band Cab Ride Home. She got the publicity after protesting President Donald Trump’s proposed transgender military ban and also for her aim to reduce traffic on Northern Virginia’s highways.
Boyfriend, Affairs, Husband and More
|Sexual Orientation||Not Known|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Name Not Known|
Daughter– 1 (Step-daughter)
Here we are providing you the list of her favorite things.
|Favorite Political Party||Democratic Party|
|Favorite bands||Dark Tranquillity, Cannibal Corpse|
Some Interesting Facts About Danica Roem
- Danica had a tough childhood as her father committed suicide when she was just 3 years old, after which She was brought up by her maternal grandfather.
- Her grandfather advised her to read the newspaper daily during her childhood, because of this habit she developed her interest in journalism.
- She began her career as a journalist for the Gainesville Times and reported for the Prince William Times.
- She gave around 11 years in reporting the news.
- Roem also began playing the guitar, daily rehearsing in the cellar to get away from her mom’s stormy relationship with the man she was dating at the time.
- Her political idols were independent-minded – Sen. Chuck Colgan (D-29) and Del. Harry Parrish (R-50).
- She won the 7-time Virginia Press Association award.
- She was also the runner-up for the MDDC’s James S. Keat Freedom of Information Award (2015).
- She is the lead vocalist of a thrash metal band named ‘Cab Ride Home’, which released its debut album, more than a decade after its inception in 2007.
- Danica used the catchline “28 and Innovate” in her election campaign after seeing the outdatedness and traffic issues of Washington and Northern Virginia, Virginia State Route 28.
- In 2017, She becomes the first transgender woman ever to be seated in a U.S. statehouse, by defeating 13-term incumbent Bob Marshall, who always the LGBT rights.