Biography / Wiki
A former American professional baseball catcher, David Ross played baseball for almost 14 years in Major League Baseball. With his great performance, he has marked his name in history. He was born on March 19, 1977, in Bambridge, Georgia.
Currently, he is an American Professional Baseball Manager. He has won the World Series twice, once with Boston Reds in 2013 and another with Chicago Cubs in 2016. To celebrate the Cub’s World Series victory, he appeared on Saturday Night Live with Bill Murray.
Height / Weight / Age
|Date Of Birth||March 19, 1977|
|Height||In Centimeters – 188 cm
In Feet and Inches – 6’2”
|Weight||In Kilograms – 104 kg
In Pounds – 230 lbs
|Eye Color||Hazel green|
|Shoe Size||Not Known|
His net worth is estimated to be $11 million approximately.
Education / Family
David was born into a family of athletes. His father, David Ross Sr, played in Men’s Softball League while his mother Jackie Ross played basketball. He was raised in Tallahassee and attended Florida High School.
He started playing baseball in high school. He received an athletic scholarship and attended Auburn University where he played baseball from 1996 to 1997 for his college team.
|Real Name||David Wade Ross|
|Birth Place||Bainbridge, Georgia|
|Profession||American Baseball Player|
|School||Florida High School, Tallahassee, Florida|
|College||University of Florida
|Home Town||Bainbridge, Georgia|
|Debut||MLB – 2002 (29 June)|
|Fathers Name||David Ross Sr.|
|Mothers Name||Jackie Ross|
|Sisters||Shannon (elder sister)
Nikki (younger sister)
Career / Fashion And Style
In 1988, David kicked off his professional career after he was drafted as the 7th round by the Los Angeles Dodgers. He made his MLB debut on June 29, 2002, and stroke out as a pinch hitter.
The Dodgers sold Ross to the Pittsburgh Pirates on March 30, 2005. After playing 40 games with Pirates, he was traded to San Diego Padres. With a .203 batting average and 17 home runs, he finished the 2007 season.
In 2013, The Boston Red Sox won the ‘2013 World Series Championship’ against St. Louis Cardinals. Ross played as Jon Lester’s Catcher in 2014. On May 9, 2015, he recorded a perfect inning and played as a pitcher for the first time in his professional career. After winning the 2016 World Series Championship, he announced his retirement in 2017.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
In 2005, he married his long-time girlfriend Hyla Ross who is a pediatric nurse. The couple is blessed with the son Cole Ross and two daughters Landri Ross and Harper Ross.
|Wife||Hyla Ross (pediatric nurse)
|Children||Son – Cole Ross
Daughter – Landri Ross, Harper Ross
Here we are providing you the list of his favourite things.
|Favourite TV Show||Dancing with the stars|
Some Interesting Facts About David Ross
- He was born in Bainbridge and was brought up in Tallahassee.
- He was born into a family of athletes. His father played in a men’s softball league, and his mother played basketball. His uncles were college football players.
- He received an athletic scholarship and attended Auburn University from 1996 to 1997, where he played college baseball for the Auburn Tigers baseball team.
- He married his high school mate and long-time girlfriend, Hyla Ross who is a licensed pediatric nurse in the ICU.
- His wife almost died, while giving birth to their daughter. She was rushed to the ICU as the result of an abruption.
- Along with his wife, he has participated in several charities, including the Hudson Foundation, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, the Paediatric Cancer Research Foundation, and the Kevin Faulk Foundation.
- Ross is a very family-oriented man who loves spending time with children and now spending time with his children.
- Ross announced his retirement in 2016.
- Currently, as a baseball color analyst, he has been working with ESPN since January 2017.
- He performed in ‘Dancing with the stars’ on season 24 on March 1, 2017. Ross was paired with the dancer Lindsay Arnold.
- Along with the author Don Yaeger, he worked on a book titled ‘Teammate: My Life in Baseball’. In May 2017, the book was published.
- He became a member of two World Series-winning teams 2013 Boston Red Sox and 2016 Chicago Cubs.
- His ethnicity is white American.
- His hobbies are dancing, watching movies and TV shows, listening to music.
- On the field, he took the position of catcher.