Biography / Wiki
The God of War ‘Gennady Golovkin’ is a Kazakhstani professional boxer. He started his boxing career as an amateur and by 2006 he turned into a professional. He was born Gennady Gennadyevich Golovkin on April 8th, 1982. He represented Kazakhstan at the 2004 Summer Olympics and won a silver medal.
In 2010, he participated in his first major world championship and defeated Milton Nunez to win WBA interim middleweight title. In the history of the middleweight championship, his knockout percentage is 89.8%. His tactful moves, powerful punches, and high ring IQ has helped him earn numerous titles and records.
Height / Weight / Age
|Date Of Birth
|April 8, 1982
|In Centimeters – 179 cm
In Feet and Inches – 5’11”
|In Kilograms – 72 kg
In Pounds – 158.7 lbs
Gennady’s net worth is estimated to be $6 million approximately. His salary is $93,750 per bout.
Education / Family
Gennady was born in Karagandy in the Kazakh SSR Union to Gennady Ivanovich Golovkin and Elizaveta Golovkina. He has two elder brothers Vadim and Sergey and a twin brother Maxim. His elder brothers inspired him to boxing when he was eight years old.
His brothers arranged opponents for his fights to which Gennady said ‘Every day, different guys’. No information is available with regard to his education.
|Gennady Gennadyevich Golovkin
|GGG (Triple G), God of War, Kazakh Thunder
|Karagandy in Kazakh SSR, Soviet Union
|Kazakhstani Professional Boxer
|Gennady Ivanovich Golovkin
|Vadim Golovkina, Maxim Golovkin, Sergey Golovkin
Career / Fashion And Style
In 2003, he won a gold medal in World Amateur Boxing Championship by defeating Oleg Mahskin. He also participated in the ‘Asian Amateur Boxing Championship’ where he defeated Christopher Camat and qualified for the 2004 Summer Olympics.
In 2005, his amateur career ended and his professional career started in 2006 with Universum Box-Promotion. He defeated Brazil’s John Anderson Carvalho and won the WBO Inter-Continental middleweight title.
In 2010, he signed a deal with K2 and won his first major world championship. In 2013, he faced his career’s first knock out from Japan’s pro boxer Nobuhiro Ishida. By defeating David Lemieux, he earned the IBF middleweight title in 2015.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
He is married to Alina Golovkina and has a son named Vadim.
|Son – Vadim
the list of Gennady’s favourite things.
|Sugar Ray Robinson
Some Interesting Facts About Gennady Golovkin
- Gennady’s father was a Russian worked as a coal miner whereas his mother was Korean who worked as an assistant in a chemical laboratory.
- At the age of 8, he was pushed into the ring by his elder brothers Sergey and Vadim.
- In 2006, he moved to Germany than in 2014 he moved to California where he trains in big bear.
- He can fluently speak Kazakh, German, Russian, and English.
- He has fought 350 amateur fights and holds a record of 345-5 and has fought 33 professional fights in which he has never been knocked down.
- In boxing history, he has the highest KO ratio at 90.9%.
- The Ring magazine and BoxRec ranked him as the world’s number one middleweight in 2016.
- His hobbies are hanging out with friends and going fashion.
- He claims that in the Olympic games 2004, he was cheated out.
- His first boxing coach was Victor Dmitriev.