Biography / Wiki
Born in 1981, Hope Solo was certainly one of the top goalies in soccer during her college years at the University of Washington. At the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing, she has helped the U.S. Women’s National Soccer Team win the gold medal and delivered a splendid performance in Summer Games in London four years later. Solo had a near-record performance which encouraged the U.S. team to win the FIFA Women’s World Cup in 2015.
Because of her controversial comments during the 2016 Olympics, her time with the national team came to an end. Later she filed a lawsuit against U.S. Soccer on account of inequality payment for male and female players. She competed on ‘Dancing with the Stars’ in 2011 which showed another side of her personality.
Height / Weight / Age
Hope Solo will be turning 42 years old. Her height measures 5’ 9” in feet and her weight is 70 kg. Hope has an athletic body and her figure measurement is approximately 34-28-36. She has blue-colored eyes and blonde hair.
Her fortune comes from her career as a professional goalkeeper. Hope Solo has an approximate net worth of more than $4 million. She has also endorsed various brands like Seiko. Her house in Kirkland is worth $1.2 million which covers a major part of her wealth. She has also owned many other luxuries.
Education / Family
On July 30, 1981, Hope was born in Richland, Washington. On the Richland High School soccer team, she started out as a forward and scored 109 goals in the same position although she rose to fame as a gold-medal-winning goalie. She was also named an All-American by Parade magazine twice.
She studied at Richland High School, in Washington, and later moved to the University of Washington, where she completed her Major in Speech Communications. She is a daughter of Jeffrey Solo (Former Military Personnel) and Judy Lynn (Environmental Scientist) and was raised with her brother Marcus Solo and her half-sister Teresa Obert.
|Real name||Hope Amelia Solo|
|Birth Place||Richland, Washington, USA|
|Date Of Birth||July 30, 1981|
|Height||In Centimeters – 175 cm
In Feet and Inches – 5’ 9”
|Weight||In Kilograms – 70 kg
In Pounds – 154 lbs
|School||Richland High School, Washington|
|College||University of Washington, Washington|
|Home Town||Richland, Washington, USA|
|Fathers Name||Jeffrey Solo (Former Military Personnel)|
|Mothers Name||Judy Lynn (Environmental Scientist)|
|Sister||Teresa Obert (Half-sister)|
Career / Fashion And Style
Selected by the ‘Women’s United Soccer Association’ team ‘Philadelphia Charge’ in 2003 Hope Solo took the field in eight matches and secured her first professional shutout against the ‘Atlantic Beat’.
Chosen as a substitute goalkeeper for the US 2003 Summer Olympics campaign, she was promoted as the primary choice in 2005. This led to the creation of her record of the longest undefeated streak by a US goalkeeper for 55 games from March 7, 2002, to July 16, 2008.
For the majority of the 2007 FIFA Women’s World Cup matches, Solo was part of the starting line-up but she was benched for a crucial match which the US lost. Because of her efforts, the US successfully won the gold medal at the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
In 2010 she signed with ‘Atlanta Beat’ and later in 2011 with ‘MagicJack’. She played for ‘Seattle Sounders Women’ for the 2012 club season. Solo competed on Dancing with the Stars in 2011 on the show’s 13th season and performed well enough with partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy to make it to the show’s semi-finals.
Records / Achievements
- Won gold at Beijing 2008 Olympic Games
- U.S. Soccer Female Athlete of the Year 2009
- WPS Goalkeeper of the Year 2009
- FIFA Women’s World Cup Golden Glove (2011, 2015)
- Won gold at London 2012 Olympic Games
- IFFHS World’s Women Best Goalkeeper (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- CONCACAF Women’s Gold Cup Golden Glove (2014, 2015)
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
|Boyfriends||Jerramy Stevens (American football tight end)
Maksim Chmerkovskiy (Ukrainian choreographer, Rumor)
|Husband||Jerramy Stevens (American football tight end, m. 2012 – present)
|Favourite Actors||Harrison Ford|
|Favourite Food||Thai cuisine|
|Favourite Films||Disney’s Hercules, The Shawshank Redemption, Star Wars|
|Favourite Sport||Soccer, Basketball|
Some Interesting Facts About Hope Solo
- Her father taught her to play soccer when she was just 5 years old.
- She started playing for the University of Washington Huskies as she knew her family wasn’t financially strong enough to send her to college. She believed that her soccer skills could help her get there.
- She used to be a bully in her school
- Her father was convicted of fraud conversion of property from a property owner after her parent’s divorce in 1987, However, in 2012 her charges were dropped.
- In 2011, she participated and reached the semi-finals in the 13th season of ‘Dancing with the Stars’ along with her dance partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy.
- Her hobby is swimming and she is also a dog lover.
- She released her autobiography ‘Solo: A Memoir of Hope’ in 2012. It reached #3 on the New York Times Best Seller list.
- Her skills helped earn the U.S. team’s 3rd World Cup championship since 1991 and she was the game-changer at the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup.