Biography / Wiki
Popular for being a TV show host and then evolved into an actor, British model, and activist of South Asian origin Jameela Jamil started her career as a model and photographer. She also later began to be recognized as a prominent activist and philanthropist.
She had a lot of health problems and had been through tragic events, such as rapes and an accident, having grown up in a broken household. She rose beyond those obstacles to become a star, indeed.
Before she became a household name, she had already developed herself as a popular model thanks to her role in the American fantasy comedy ‘The Good Place’. She has successfully found herself as a bankable voice artist. By becoming the first solo female host of the ‘BBC Radio Chart Show,’ she created radio history. She is an outstanding TV presenter as well.
Height / Weight / Age
Born on the 25th of February 1986 Jameela Jamil is currently 37 years old. She has a stunning body figure of 34-25-35 and wears number 8 in the shoe size. She is tall and her height measures 5 feet 11 inches while her weight is 60 kg approximately. She has black colored hair and the color of her eyes is brown.
After starting as a model Jameela Jamil quickly absorbed many skills and soon found her way into the entertainment industry as an actress. She has earned most of her wealth through her acting and modeling career and has been a part of many high grossing projects. The total net worth estimated for Jameela Jamil is $1.2 million US dollars as of now.
Education / Family
Jameela Jamil was born and raised in Hampstead, United Kingdom. The daughter of Shireen Jamil she grew up with her brother Adnandus Dyzantae but has not revealed the name of her father. Jamil has completed her High school graduation from a local High school.
Jameela Alia Burton-Jamil
|Birth Place||Hampstead, United Kingdom|
|Date Of Birth||February 25, 1986|
|Height||In Centimetres – 180 cm
In Feet and Inches – 5′ 11″
|Weight||In Kilograms – 60 Kg
In Pounds – 132 lbs
|Profession||Model, Presenter, Activist, and Actress|
|Home Town||Hampstead, United Kingdom|
|Fathers Name||Name Not Known|
|Mothers Name||Shireen Jamil
Career / Fashion And Style
Jameela Jamil worked with ‘Premier Model Management Limited’ as a model, photographer, and design scout. On the ‘Bebo’ social networking portal, she introduced ‘The Wardrobe,’ an online design and style advice show.
In January 2010, she was photographed by acclaimed British fashion photographer David Royston Bailey, with a ‘Vogue’ feature on the ‘British Editorial Class of 2010.’ In January 2012, she started hosting the reality show ‘Playing it Straight’. She presented ‘The Radio 1 Request Show with Jameela Jamil’ on ‘BBC Radio 1’ the same year.
She began hosting ‘The Official Chart’ and co-hosting ‘The Official Chart Update’ the same year, all of which were broadcast on ‘BBC Radio 1.’ In 2018, in the American late-night talk show “Last Call with Carson Daly” and the American game show “Hollywood Game Night,” Jameela Jamil also participated.
In 2019, she was featured on the show “Still Laugh-In: The Stars Celebrate.” In 2020, in an episode of ‘Big City Greens,’ titled ‘Animal Farm,’ she lent her voice to ‘Phoenix.’ In an episode of the American adult animated TV series ‘Harley Quinn’ she voiced a character, she also played ‘Auntie Pushpa,’ a recurring character in ‘Mira, Royal Detective,’ and ‘Eris’.
She served as one of the judges of the ‘Legendary’ reality TV series, which debuted on May 27, 2020. She was also part of the cast of the ‘Marry Me’ American romantic comedy film.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
She is currently not married but is dating James Blake for a long time.
Here we provide you a list of Jameela Jamil’s favorite things.
|Favorite Guilty Pleasure||Gluten-free cake|
|Favorite Body Inspirations||Jennifer Lopez, Beyoncé, Selena Gomez|
|Favorite Holiday Destinations||Paris|
|Favorite Food||Indian Cuisine|
|Favorite Things To Do||Travel, Shopping, and Singing|
Some Interesting Facts About Jameela Jamil
- She used to work as an English teacher to international students at the Callan School of English in London before she had her major breakthrough as a radio host.
- She has also served as a Premier Model Management Short fashion scout. In addition, Jameela worked as a photographer.
- She is a staunch advocate of the Cultural Learning Alliance, which seeks to inspire children and young people to learn about the culture.
- She suffered a terrible crash at the age of 17 when she was knocked over by a vehicle while being attacked by a bee.
- She sustained multiple fractured bones and her spine was also weakened.
- She was told by doctors after the crash that she would not be able to walk afterward.
- She suffered from anorexia nervosa during her teen years, so she did not consume a full meal from the age of 14 to 17.
- She would later blame her eating disorder on peer pressure.
- For allegedly becoming a bad Muslim, she was exposed to extreme trolling on social media in 2018 and was shamed for wearing tight and provocative skirts.
- By maintaining that she was not a Muslim and, in fact, she did not practice any religion, she clamped back.