Biography / Wiki
Javier Baez is the second baseman of the Chicago Cubs since 2014. In the national league, he became the youngest player. He was born on December 1, 1992, in Bayamon, Puerto Rica. He has helped his team to win the franchise’s first World Series Championship.
He was selected by the Chicago Cubs with the ninth overall selection of the 2011 MLB draft and made his debut in 2014. He has won the All-Star twice and also won the Silver Slugger Award. He has been nicknamed ‘El Mago’, in Spanish it means ‘The Magician’.
Height / Weight / Age
|Date Of Birth||December 1, 1992|
|Height||In Centimeters – 183 cm
In Feet and Inches – 6’0”
|Weight||In Kilograms- 60 kg
In Pounds – 190 lbs
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Light Brown and Blonde|
|Shoe Size||Not Known|
His net worth is estimated to be $10 million approximately. His salary is $521,000 annually. He owns a luxury apartment worth $1 million in Chicago.
Education / Family
He was born to Angel Luis Baez and Nelida Agosto. His father heavily influenced Javier’s and his brother’s life and trained them for baseball. When Javier was 10, his father passed away. He has two brothers Gadiel and Rolando and his sister Noely who died due to spina bifida. For his school education, he attended Arlington Country Day School. His ethnicity is Puerto Rican.
|Real Name||Ednel Javier “Javy” Baez|
|Nickname||Javy or El Mago|
|Birth Place||Bayamon, Puerto Rico|
|School||Arlington Country Day School|
|Home Town||Bayamon, Puerto Rico|
|Debut||MLB – 2014
International – 2017
|Fathers Name||Angel Luis Baez|
|Mothers Name||Nelida Agosto|
|Brothers||Rolando Baez (baseball player), Gadiel Baez|
|Sister||Noely Baez (late)
Career / Fashion And Style
Javier was selected by the Chicago Cubs in the 2011 Major League Baseball draft. By playing against the Arizona Cubs of the Rookie-level Arizona League, he began his professional career. In 2012, MLB.com ranked him as the 62nd best prospect in baseball.
His name was included in the lists of ‘Most exciting player in the Midwest league’ and ‘Best Defensive Infielder’ by Baseball America. In 2014, he had hit his first career home run against the Colorado Rockies to hit an extra-inning home run in his debut.
In 2016, he has won League Championship Series Most Valuable Award. He finished 2017 season with .273 average, 23 home runs, 24 doubles, 75 RBIs, 75 runs scored, and 10 stolen bases.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
He married his school-time girlfriend Irmarie Marquez on January 26, 2019, in San Juan and their son Adrian Javier Baez Marquez was born on June 29, 2018.
Irmarie Marquez (since school)
|Children||Son – Adrian Javier Baez Marquez|
Here we are providing you the list of his favourite things.
|Favourite Food||Carne Asada, Rice, and Beans|
|Favourite Destination||Mexico, Playa del Carmen|
Some Interesting Facts About Javier Baez
- Though he was born in Puerto Rico, in 2005 he moved to Florida with his mother and siblings.
- He and his brothers were trained by his father until Javier was 10.
- For a long time, Javier was unable to speak and understand English fluently.
- He is capable of playing in multiple positions. In the majors, he has played second base and in high school, he has spent time at shortstop, center field and also as a catcher.
- Once in Arizona, he broke a car window while doing batting practice.
- His sister Noely died on April 8th, 2015 due to spina bifida.
- In the 2017 World Baseball Classic, he represented the Puerto Rican national team, where he won a silver medal.
- His hobbies are partying, hanging out, listening to music, and watching movies.
- His jersey number is 9 for both MLB and international league.
- He belongs to the team of Chicago Cubs.
- He eats and writes with the left hand.
- His son Adrian Javier Baez Marquez was born before he got married to Irmarie Marquez.