Biography / Wiki
Joseph Jackson was the father of international pop superstar Michael Jackson. Joseph was born on July 26, 1928, in Fountain Hill, Arkansas, USA, as the eldest of five children. He married Katherine Scruse in 1949, and both had 10 children. He died on June 27, 2018, due to Pancreatic Cancer at Nathan Adelson Hospice, Nevada, Las Vegas, USA.
According to Celebrity Net Worth, Joseph Jackson had an estimated net worth of $500,000.
Height / Weight / Age
|Date Of Birth||July 26, 1928|
|Age||89 Years (at the time of death)|
|Height||In Centimeters – 175 cm
In Feet and Inches – 5′ 9″
|Weight||In Kilograms – 75 kg
In Pounds – 165 lbs
|Shoe Size||Not Known|
Education / Family
Samuel Jackson, His father, was a high school teacher and his mother, Crystal Lee King, was a housewife. The couple split up when Joseph was 12. He did his schooling from Washington High School and he has completed his graduation from London’s Royal Academy of Music.
|Birth Place||Fountain Hill, Arkansas, USA|
|School||Washington High School|
|College||London’s Royal Academy of Music|
|Home Town||East Chicago, Indiana, United States|
|Fathers Name||Samuel Jackson
|Mothers Name||Crystal Lee
|Sister||Verna Mae Jackson
Lula Mae Jackson
Career / Fashion And Style
Joseph started his career as a boxer. He also got success with the Golden Gloves. Jackson started acting as manager for The Jackson 5 as he noticed their musical talent but due to some issues, they fired Jackson.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
|Wife/Spouse||Katherine Jackson (married in 1949-till his death in 2018)|
|Marriage Date||November 5, 1949|
|Children||Sons– Michael Jackson
La Toya Jackson
Some Interesting Facts About Joseph Jackson
- Joseph Jackson was not addicted to smoking and drinking alcohol.
- His parents got separated when he was just 12. He moved with his father to Oakland, California, while his mother shifted to East Chicago, Indiana.
- After some years, he reshifted to Indiana to live near his mother.
- Joseph had few friends in his teenage which made him an introvert.
- Joseph Jackson was the father of international pop superstar Michael Jackson
- He met his wife, Katherine Scruse in the midst of his journey of becoming a professional boxer.
- The couple married on November 5, 1949, and shifted to Gary Indiana.
- He took a decision to leave boxing as a career and began working as a full-time crane operator for the United States Steel.
- Her wife met with an emergency Caesarian operation to give birth to their twins- Brandon and Marlon Jackson who were several weeks premature, but unfortunately, Brandon died just after he was born.
- He pursued his dream of becoming a boxer when he got his success with Golden Gloves.
- In the mid of 1950s, He began a band named “The Falcons” with his brother, Luther Jackson.
- He used to work as a group manager with his sons in a musical group named “The Jackson 5” in the early 1960s.
- The Jackson family received an honor with “BMI Urban Icon Award.”
- The Jackson 5 got immediate success and became the first American group to be on the Billboard Hot 100 Singles Chart.
- He then moved to a mansion in Encino, California with his family out of Indiana after he received a good amount of money as a group manager.
- On October 2002, He received an award “The Best Entertainment Manager of All Time” by Jane L. Campbell, mayor of Cleveland, Ohio.
- His son, the international pop star, Michael Jackson was found dead in mysterious circumstances on June 25, 2009.
- He did not get even a single penny out of Michael Jackson’s net worth.
- At the 2009 BET Awards, Joseph spoke about his son’s death to Alicia Quarles on the red carpet.
- He got “Grammy Award for Best Contemporary Instrumental Album,” and at the event, he talked about his new cologne and perfume line honoring Michael Jackson.
- He suffered a stroke and heart arrhythmia in July 2015.
- The head of Jackson family fell ill while celebrating his 87th birthday and After flying home from Sao Paulo, he has seen in a wheelchair at LAX airport.
- After One year, he was admitted to Los Angeles, but later he published a message through his publicist that all is fine.