Biography / Wiki
Popularly known for his work in the American late-night live television show ‘Saturday Night Live’, John Mulaney is an American stand-up comedian writer, actor, and producer. Portraying a fictionalized version of himself, John created and played the lead role in the American TV comedy series ‘Mulaney’.
His writing was much appreciated on ‘Saturday Night Live’ and it earned him a nomination for the Emmy Award. As an actor, he has played guest roles in a few shows and has also made appearances as a stand-up comedian.
Height / Weight / Age
|Date Of Birth
|August 26, 1982
|In Centimetres – 185 cm
In Feet and Inches – 6′ 1″
|In Kilograms – 78 kg
In Pounds – 171 lbs
One can earn a lot of money when associated with popular shows like Saturday Night Live. John has been a stand-up comedian and a writer for a long time and has earned many credits for it. Most of his wealth comes from his work as an actor, producer, and writer. The total net worth estimated for John Mulaney is $3 million US dollars as of now.
Education / Family
Born and raised in Illinois, John Mulaney is a native of Chicago, Illinois, United States. John is the son of Charles W. Mulaney, Jr. and Ellen Mulaney and grew up along with his sister Claire Mulaney. John studied at St. Clement School and later St. Ignatius College Prep. He went to Georgetown University for post-graduation.
John Edmund Mulaney
|Chicago, Illinois, United States
|Comedian, Producer, Writer, and Actor
|St. Clement School
|Georgetown University, St. Ignatius College Prep.
|Chicago, Illinois, United States
|Charles W. Mulaney, Jr.
Career / Fashion And Style
To pursue a career as a comedian, John Mulaney moved to New York after completing his graduation. He worked as an office assistant for Comedy Central for a few years and also as a commentator in the comedy show, ‘Best Week Ever’ for some time. He was able to secure a spot on the writing team when he auditioned for ‘Saturday Night Live’.
John worked for six seasons in the show and won the ‘Primetime Emmy Award’ for Outstanding Original Music and Lyrics’. In the American comedy series ‘Ugly Americans he did multiple voice roles in 2010. He appeared in ‘Kroll Show’, ‘The Peter Holmes Show’, and ‘The Chris Gethard Show’ mostly in guest appearances.
John created, produced, as well as starred in the lead role in ‘Mulaney’ in 2014 but received negative reviews, and was canceled after just one season. He has been serving as a writer, consulting producer as well as a co-executive producer since 2015 for the American mockumentary series ‘Documentary Now’.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
John Mulaney is currently married to Annamarie Tendler.
Here we provide you the list of John Edmund Mulaney’s favorite things.
|Favorite Holiday Destinations
|Favorite Things To Do
|Listening to music, Playing Video games and Travelling
Some Interesting Facts About John Edmund Mulaney
- For “Outstanding Music and Lyrics”, John won his first Primetime Emmy Award in 2011.
- John was also a frequent visitor to the Museum of Broadcast Communications as a child.
- Mulaney loves reading and working at Barnes & Noble was one of his earliest fantasies for a dream job.
- John moved to New York City and got hired as an office assistant at Comedy Central for his first job, after completing his education.
- While studying at Georgetown University and Yale Law School, both his parents were classmates of Bill Clinton, the 42nd President of the United States.
- John first performed in a sketch comedy group at the age of 7 and got paid 2 dollars for his work.
- He is an avid collector of stand-up comedy albums and owns stand-up commentaries from as far back as the 50s, 60s, and 70s and since the 1990s.
- Mulaney confessed that in 2013 he was addicted to Twitter, and would spend hours going through it.
- In 2017, while accepting The Mark Twain Prize for American Humor David Letterman called John Mulaney “the future of comedy”.
- To look different from the audience that came to see him, John is always dressed in a formal suit while performing on stage.