Biography / Wiki
The news that an American attorney and politician Kamala Devi Harris getting picked by Joe Biden as his running mate for the 2020 U.S presidential election has caused a stir in the media as the elections approach closer. She is the first African American and the first Asian American to be named a major party’s vice presidential nominee.
Since 2017 Kamala Harris has acted as California’s Junior US Senator. Kamala Harris has always tried, throughout her extensive career as a politician, to take measures that encourage social progressivism.
She was also interested in social justice and became a lawyer. She entered into politics after an effective legal career. Kamala Harris was in the Democratic nomination race for U.S. President in the 2020 election but later pulled out of the campaign, citing a lack of funds.
Height / Weight / Age
Born on the 20th of October 1964. She doesn’t appear to be much taller and her height measures 5 feet 2 inches while her weight is 59 kg approximately.
She has dark brown eyes on the color of her hair is dark brown as well. As a public figure, she maintains herself quite well and has body figure measurements of 34-29-37 and she wears number 9 in the shoe size.
|Date Of Birth
|20th October 1964
|In Centimetres – 157.5 cm
In Feet and Inches – 5′ 2”
|In Kilograms – 59 kg
In Pounds – 130 lbs
A lawyer by profession Kamala Harris has earned a lot of wealth through her practice as a law professional and as an active politician as well.
She lives a luxurious life and has a great test in clothing which is often reflected through public appearance. The total net worth estimated for Kamala Harris is $1 million US dollars as of now.
Education / Family
The native of California Kamala Harris was born and raised in Oakland but her mother moved to Montreal Canada for a job opportunity later on. Kamala studied at Westmount High School and later attended Howard University as well as The University of California, Hastings College of the Law.
Kamala Devi Harris
|Oakland, California, United States
|Westmount High School
|Howard University, The University of California, Hastings College of the Law
|Oakland, California, United States
|Donald Harris (Stanford University Economics Professor)
|Shyamala Gopalan Harris (Breast Cancer Researcher)
|Maya Lakshmi Harris (Younger Sister) (Lawyer)
Career / Fashion And Style
Kamala Harris worked as a deputy district attorney in Alameda County, California from 1990 to 1998, prosecuting cases of burglary, murder, and child abuse. She served in the San Francisco District Attorney’s Office in the late 1990s. Harris defeated Terence Hallinan in 2003 to become District Attorney for San Francisco.
She is the first black and South Asian woman to attain the title. In November 2007 she was re-elected once again. As the D.A., she launched a program that provides the ability for first-time drug traffickers to receive a high school diploma and find work.
In the 2010s, she has worked in various capacities with the California District Attorney’s Association as well as the National District Attorneys Association. She ran in the 2010 California Attorney General election, where she faced Steve Cooley, attorney for the Los Angeles County district. She ended up victorious.
She was re-elected in November 2014, against Ronald Gold. Kamala Harris beat Loretta Sanchez in the 2016 United States Senate election in California, winning 62 percent of the vote.
She became the first black woman to be a major party vice-presidential nominee after Joe Biden announced Kamala Harris as his running mate for the 2020 United States presidential election on August 11, 2020.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
Currently married to Douglas Emhoff, she is the stepmother of his two children from his previous relationship.
Phil Bronstein (2004),
Douglas Emhoff (2014-Present)
Here we provide you the list of Kamala Harris’s favorite things.
|Favorite Holiday Destinations
|Favorite Things To Do
|Reading, Listening to music and Traveling
Some Interesting Facts About Kamala Harris
- Her parents were divorced when she was 7 years old, and her mother was given custody of the children.
- Kamala Harris was a member of the debate team whilst studying at Howard University.
- She was granted full membership to the California State Bar in 1990.
- She was a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha sorority alpha chapter when she studied at university.
- In 2000, she was hired by San Francisco City Attorney Louise Renne to serve as Head of the Community and Neighbourhood Department.
- She wrote her book ‘Smart on Crime: A Career Prosecutor’s Plan to Make Us Safer’ in 2009.
- Kamala Harris served as the vice president of the National Association of District Attorneys.
- She announced in November 2008 that she would run for the position of the attorney general in California.
- She was identified as a potential US public servant. Nominated by the Supreme Court to succeed Justice Antonin Scalia by The New York Times in February 2016.
- She was the first person of Indian-American and Jamaican-American descent to become the California attorney general.