Biography / Wiki
Succeeding his father Kim Jong-il, Kim Jong-Un became the supreme leader of North Korea in 2011. He carried forward the political journey of his family. He was born on 8th January 1984 in Pyongyang, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea.
He is the grandson of Kim II-Sung who founded and led North Korea. He is influenced by his grandfather and wants to become like him. Under his rule, human rights violations and brutal suppression of opposition continue to be reported.
Height / Weight / Age
|Date Of Birth||8 January 1984|
|Height||In Centimeters – 170 cm
In Feet and Inches – 5’7”
|Weight||In Kilograms – 136 kg
In Pounds – 300 lbs
|Body Measurements||Not Known|
|Shoe Size||Not Known|
Kim Jong-Un has an estimated net worth of $5 Billion.
Kim was born to Ko Young-hee an opera singer and Kim Jong-il, the dictatorial leader of the country. He is the second of three children. He has an elder brother Kim Jong-Nam and a younger sister Kim Yo-jong. He lived in Switzerland and attended The Liebefield-Steinholzi public school in Koniz, Switzerland.
In childhood, he was described as shy, a good student, and a basketball fan. He attended Kim II-sung University from 2002-2007. Later he joined Kim II-sung Military University as an Army officer. He is a doctorate in economics.
|Nickname||Yongmyong-han tongji, lil kim, young general|
|Birth Place||Pyongyang, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea|
|School||The Liebefield-Steinholzi public school in Koniz, Switzerland|
|College||Kim II-sung University
Kim II-sung Military University
HELP University (Honorary)
|Religion||Atheist, Juche (self-reliance)|
|Home Town||Pyongyang, North Korea|
|Fathers Name||Kim Jong-il
|Mothers Name||Ko Yong-hui
|Sister||Kim Yo-jong, Kim Sul-song|
Career / Fashion And Style
In December 2011, his father passed away and Kim assumed supreme leadership of North Korea. After holding the power, he removed many senior officials that he had inherited from his father’s regime.
His uncle Jang Song-thaek played an important role during his father’s rule but he killed his own uncle brutally because he believed he was a traitor. Kim was elected to the Fourth Conference of the Workers Party of Korea on 27th March 2012.
His status was validated by April 2012, as he acquired several official titles, first secretary of the KWP, chairman of Central Military Commission and chairman of the NDC. Under his rule, North Korea continued his weapons-testing program.
In December 2012, the government launched a long-range rocket that put a satellite in orbit. The U.S government knew that these launches were meant to cover up work and testing on ballistic missile technology. Rather than focusing on the economy and development of the country, Kim focuses more on weapon testing.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
In 2009 Kim married Ri Sol-Ju and has a daughter named Kim Ju-ae in 2010. He has almost 17 luxury palaces in North Korea.
Here we are providing you the list of his favourite things.
|Favourite Food||Cheese and wine|
|Favourite Quote||‘The days are gone forever when our enemies could blackmail us with nuclear bombs’|
Some Interesting Facts About Kim Jong-Un
- He does smoke and consumes alcohol.
- He secretly attended the school in Switzerland.
- In history, he is the only general without any Military experience.
- To resemble his Eternal Leader Grandfather Kim II-Sung, he underwent cosmetic surgery.
- The onion newspaper announced him as the ‘sexiest man alive’ for 2012 when he was 29 years old.
- On his father’s death, he made sure that the whole country grieved his father’s death wholeheartedly.
- He killed his uncle when he was found guilty of ‘attempting to overthrow the state’. His uncle was stripped naked then thrown into a cage of ravenous dogs.
- His haircut earned popularity and even has the name ‘Ambitious’ and reported that male university students in North Korea were asked to copy his haircut.
- On December 10, 2015, he claimed that his country has developed a hydrogen bomb and he has also threatened the USA to attack it with the Hydrogen Bomb.
- His hobbies are playing basketball and watching action films.
- His biggest rival is Kim Jong-Nam.
- His party is the Workers Party of Korea.
- In his regime, North Korea carried out its first Underground Hydrogen bomb test in January 2016.
Social Media Profile(s)
- Instagram – Not Known
- Twitter – Not Known
- Facebook – Not Known