Biography / Wiki
Kim Jong-hyun was a popular South Korean singer, who earned international fame being a member of the boy band ‘Shinee. He was also a songwriter, singer, producer, radio show host, and author. He was born on April 8, 1990, in Yehwa-Dong, Seoul. Since his teenage, he aspired to become a singer and started his musical career with ‘S.M Entertainment’.
In 2017, he committed suicide which sent shockwaves across the globe. His severe depression became the cause of his death. After his death, his album ‘Poet| Artist was released.
Height / Weight / Age
Kim Jong-hyun’s weighed 65 kg or 143 lbs in pounds. He was 173 cm and in feet inches; his height is 5’8” tall. He died at the age of 27 years on December 18, 2017. Both his eye color and hair color was black. His body measurement was as follows 38 inches chest, 32 inches waist and 15 inches biceps. He was slim and had an attractive smile.
Kim Jong-hyun’s estimated net worth was $3 million approximately.
Education / Family
Kim didn’t reveal much about his personal and family life. He had a sour relationship with his father throughout his childhood and teenage years. He was raised by his mother, grandmother, and elder sister. His father was very strict and didn’t support Kim’s passion and interest in music. Even after becoming a K-pop artist, he suffered from mental health issues due to his troubled childhood.
|Birth Place||Jung District, Seoul, South Korea|
|Date Of Birth||April 8, 1990|
|Age||27 years (at the time of death)|
|Height||In centimeters – 173 cm
In feet inches – 5’8”
|Weight||In kilograms – 65 kg
In pounds – 143 lbs
|Profession||K-pop singer, radio host, songwriter|
|Date of death||December 18, 2017|
|Cause of death||Suicide (suspected)|
|Home Town||Seoul, South Korea|
|Debut||Film – I AM (2012)
TV – SB’S Inkigayo (2008)
|Fathers Name||Not known|
|Mothers Name||Not known|
Career / Fashion And Style
In 2005, Kim officially became a member of the boy band ‘Shinee’ and started working as a songwriter and its performer. In 2006, he made his acting debut on the TV show ‘Inkigayo’. He wrote love songs that became a national rage which earned him popularity and stardom.
He collaborated with South Korean singer IU and wrote and composed a song titled ‘Red Candle’ which was sung by Son Dam-bi. He also hosted a radio show and helped his fellow ‘Shinee’ member Taemin complete his first mini-album ‘Ace.’
In 2015, he launched his debut solo effort, ‘Base,’ which was an EP and topped the ‘Billboard World Album Chart’ and the ‘Gaon Album Chart.’ As an author, he released his book titled ‘Skeleton Flower: Things That Have Been Released and Set Free’ which was semi-autobiographical.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
|Girlfriends||Lee YuBi (2011)
Shin Se Kyung (Korean actress, 2010)
Some Interesting Facts About Kim Jong-hyun
- Kim started his career as a songwriter and was selected to become a member of SHINee.
- He believed that a girl looks attractive and cute when she applies makeup.
- Once he started singing loudly on the street without caring if people were staring at him.
- If not a singer, then he would have become a language teacher, a sociology teacher, or a writer.
- He met with an accident during his Amigo promotions. He fell in the bathroom and had a scar over his left eye.
- He was left-handed and ambidextrous also which made him more artistic.
- His hobbies were traveling and watching movies.
- In 2017, he was found dead in his apartment.
- In 2013, he met with a car accident in which he broke his nose.
- He was a supporter of LGBT rights and the community.