Biography / Wiki
Hailer from Russia Maria Sharapova is a world-renowned professional tennis player. She is among those female tennis players who earned many accolades and retained their position in sports. She was born on 19th April 1987 in Nyagan, Russia. Apart from being a successful player on the court, she has become a successful entrepreneur by launching her own line of products.
Due to her loud grunting on the court, she earned nicknames like Siberian Siren and Screaming Cinderella. She has her own website and a massive fan following on social media platforms.
Height / Weight / Age
|Date Of Birth||19 April 1987|
|Height||In Centimeters – 185 cm
In Feet and Inches – 6’1”
|Weight||In Kilograms – 68 kg
In Pounds – 150 lbs
|Dress Size||4 (US)|
|Shoe Size||11 (US)|
As of 2019, Maria Sharapova has an estimated net worth of $135 million.
Education / Family
Maria belonged to Russia but moved to the US with her father due to the Chornobyl disaster in 1994. Her mother joined them two years later because of the visa issue. She attended Keystone National High School in Pennsylvania and was enrolled at Nick Bollettieri Tennis Academy in Florida.
At a very young age, she started her training in tennis. Her father supported her in tennis and coached Maria himself on public tennis courts. Currently, she lives in Manhattan Beach, California.
|Real Name||Maria Yuryevna Sharapova|
|Nickname||The Siberian Siren|
|Birth Place||Nyagan, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union|
|School||Keystone National High School, Pennsylvania|
|Religion||Eastern Orthodox Christian|
|Home Town||Nyagan, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union|
|Debut||Turned pro in 2001|
|Fathers Name||Yuri Sharapova|
|Mothers Name||Yelena Sharapova
Career / Fashion And Style
At the age of 13, she has won the Eddie Herr International Junior Tennis Championships and then awarded the ‘Rising Star’ award. In 2001, she began her officially began her professional tennis career and made her debut at WTA Pacific Life Open. She played her first Australian Open and French Open in 2003 but lost both the tournaments.
At the age of 17, she won her first Grand Slam singles titles defeating Serena Williams at the Wimbledon in 2004. In 2005, she became the first Russian woman to hold no.1 ranking in the world. From 2006-2007, she reached the finals of Australian and French open but lost the last rounds.
In 2008, she won the Australian Open and defeated Ana Ivanovic. In the 2012 London Olympics, she has won a silver medal. In 2007, she was appointed as the United Nations Goodwill Ambassador for the UNDP.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
|Boyfriends||Sasha Vujacic (2008-2010)
Grigor Dimitrov (2013-2015)
Here we are providing you the list of her favourite things.
|Favourite Food||Russian & Thai Cuisines|
|Favourite Singer||Madonna, Adele|
Some Interesting Facts About Maria Sharapova
- In the 1986 Chernobyl disaster, Sharapova’s parents fled their home in Gomel, Belarus.
- Along with her father, she moved to the US and both of them couldn’t speak English and had only $700 in the pocket.
- At the age of 11, she signed her first deal with Nike.
- She became the youngest player to reach the finals of the Australian Open junior tournament in 2002.
- In 2005 and 2008, she was the most searched athlete on Yahoo.
- In 2010, she was engaged to basketball player Sasha Vujacic but called it off later.
- She launched her own apparel line named ‘Nike Maria Sharapova collection’ in 2010.
- She has also launched a candy line called ‘Sugarpova’ and has her own brand of perfume.
- While hitting the ball she has a habit of grunting. It’s been recorded that 105 decibels are the maximum intensity of her grunts on the court.
- She is fond of reading and is a big fan of ‘Pippi Long Stocking’ and ‘Sherlock Holmes’ series.
- Her car collections include Range Rover, Porsche 911 Carrera.
- Her hobbies are singing, dancing, watching movies and modeling.
- Her coach/mentor is Sven Groenveld.
- Her favorite shot is the forehand.
- Maria and her family were the victims of the Chernobyl disaster, thus she donated heavily to Chernobyl related projects.
- Maria has endorsements with Nike, Tiffany & Co, Evian, Samsung, Land Rover, Motorola, etc.
- She has declined the offer of a cameo role in a leading TV show ‘Desperate Housewives’.