Biography / Wiki
Although she is young, her age is no barrier to her creativity, talent, and skills. Best known for appearing in the popular American comedy series ‘Black-ish’, Marsai Martin is an American child actor. Her parents got her photographs clicked when she was just a toddler and sent them to various talent agencies and thus she began modeling at a young age.
When she was 9 years old, she moved to Los Angeles with her parents hoping to grab film and TV roles. She has played a key role in the film ‘Little’ and worked as an executive producer becoming the youngest person in Hollywood to produce a film at the young age of 13.
Height / Weight / Age
|Date Of Birth||August 14, 2004|
|Height||In Centimeters – 152 cm
In Feet and Inches – 4′ 11″
|Weight||In Kilograms – 42 Kg
In Pounds – 92 lbs
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Dress Size||4 (US)|
|Shoe Size||5 (US)|
Even though she is young and she is very well experienced in the Hollywood entertainment industry. Marsai Martin has worked as an actor and she is also one of the youngest producers Hollywood has seen.
The majority of her wealth comes from her ventures in the entertainment industry. As she is very young, her wealth is currently managed by her father. The total net worth for Marsai Martin is estimated to be $1 Million US dollars as of now.
Education / Family
Marsai Martin is the daughter of Joshua Martin her father and Carol Martin, her mother. She was born in Plano, Texas, USA, and grew up there till the age of 9 and then moved to Los Angeles hoping to start a career in the Hollywood entertainment industry.
Her parents have homeschooled her. She has attended an acting school in Lewisville, Texas called ‘Cathryn Sullivan’s Acting for Film’ as she was looking to polish her acting skills.
|Birth Place||Plano, Texas, USA|
|Profession||Actress and Singer|
|Home Town||Plano, Texas, USA|
|Debut||TV-show: Black-ish (2014, as Diane Johnson)
Film: Nina (2016)
|Fathers Name||Joshua Martin|
|Mothers Name||Carol Martin
Career / Fashion And Style
A commercial for ‘Choice Hotel’ was the first TV commercial she earned when she appeared as part of their “Voice of the People” campaign at the young age of 5. Later Marsai Martin was seen in a popular international car care company commercial for ‘Meineke’. As she moved to LA and auditioned for many film and TV roles she was offered a main role in the American sitcom ‘Black-ish’ in 2014.
After this success, she appeared in the main role in ‘An American Girl Story- Melody 1963: Love Has to Win’ which is a family drama, followed by a film ‘Fun Mom Dinner’ in which she played the supporting role of ‘Hannah’ in 2017. She also served as an executive producer, along with her father in the fantasy comedy film titled ‘Little’.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
Here we provide you the list of Marsai Martin’s favourite things.
|Favourite Color||Red and Pink|
|Favourite Actress||Emma Watson|
|Favourite Food||Mexican Cuisine|
|Favourite Actor||Johnny Depp|
|Favourite Holiday Destination||Berlin|
|Favourite Things To Do||Reading, Watching TV shows, and Music|
Some Interesting Facts About Marsai Martin
- The parents of Marsai Martin signed her up with a talent agency in Dallas when she was just 5 years old.
- To further pursue her acting career, she moved to Los Angeles in 2013 at quite a young age.
- At the very young age of 5, Marsai Martin started her career in commercials.
- Based on her story idea she is the executive producer for the film ‘Little’ in which she collaborated with Universal Pictures.
- For Black-ish in 2017, NAACP Image Award for ‘Outstanding Performance by a Youth (Series, Special, Television Movie or Limited-series)’ was won by Marsai Martin.
- She has unique eating habits and does not like to eat peanut butter.
- She is a fan of American football and Denver Broncos in particular.
- Out of all the things she likes to wear, is a shoe fanatic and likes it the most.
- Marsai Martin loves to cook and to watch cooking shows.
- ‘Best Performance in a TV Series – Supporting Young Actress’ is the Young Artist Award she received in 2016 for Black-ish.