Biography / Wiki
A British Actor, Orlando Bloom rose to fame from his roles in ‘The Lord of the Rings’ and ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’. His performances have received huge appreciation from the audience. He was born as Orlando Jonathan Blanchard Bloom on January 13, 1977. He has also worked in exploring theatre and in 2007 gave his debut stage performance at Duke of York’s Theatre London.
For his stellar performance, he has earned several awards and accolades including Screen Actors Guild Awards, National Movie Awards, and Broadcast Film Critics Association Awards. He has also actively participated in philanthropic activities.
Height / Weight / Age
|Date Of Birth
|January 13, 1977
|In Centimeters – 180 cm
In Feet and Inches – 5’11”
|In Kilograms – 77 kg
In Pounds – 170 lbs
Orlando’s net worth is estimated to be $35 million approximately. His car collection includes Audi A7 and Audi A8.
Education / Family
Orlando’s biological parents are Colin Stone and Sonia whereas he thought his biological father was Harry Saul Bloom. His mother ran a foreign language school and Colin was the principal of Concorde International Language School. He has a sister named Samantha Bloom and two brothers named Steve Bloom and Peter Bloom.
She was enrolled in St Peter’s Methodist Primary School for elementary education. In his childhood, he was discovered to be dyslexic. As he was encouraged to pursue drama by her mother, he was enrolled in the National Youth Theatre. Later he studied acting at Guildhall School of Music and Drama.
|Orlando Jonathan Blanchard Bloom
|Canterbury, Kent, England
|Actor and film producer
|The King’s School Canterbury, St Edmund’sSchool
|The University of Kent at Canterbury Cathedral
Stepfather – Harry Bloom
|Sonia Constance Josephine Copeland
Career / Fashion And Style
In 1997, he made his acting debut with a minor role in ‘Wilde’. In 1999, he landed on a major role in ‘Lord Of The Rings’ film trilogy. He also appeared in the film ‘Pirates of Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl’ alongside Johnny Depp and Keira Knightley. He was also featured in an epic adventure war film ‘Troy’ along with Brad Pitt and Eric Bana.
He also appeared in the anthology film ‘New York, I Love You’ which comprised 12 short stories. For his role in the ‘Kingdom of Heaven,’ he was honored with James People’s Choice Award. In 2015, he received the Britannia Humanitarian Award. For his performance in ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest’.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
In 2019, he is engaged to Katy Perry.
|Miranda Kerr (2010-13)
Luisa Moraes (2015)
Katy Perry (2016-present)
|Miranda Kerr (2010-2013)
|Son – Flynn Christopher Bloom
The list of Orlando’s favourite things.
|Johnny Depp, Edward Norton
|Steaks of South Africa, seafood of Sydney, Lamb of New Zealand
Some Interesting Facts About Orlando Bloom
- Orlando was named after composer Orlando Gibbons.
- He thought his father was Harry Saul Bloom who died when Orlando was four. Later, his mother disclosed that Colin Stone was his biological father who was his mother’s partner and family friend.
- His mother Sonia Josephine was born in India to Francis John Copeland who was a physician and surgeon, and Betty Constance Josephine.
- He played a major role of Legolas in ‘The Lord of the Rings’ film trilogy.
- He bruised a rib after falling off the horse while shooting for ‘The Lord of the Rings’.
- He was picked as one of the Teen people ’25 hottest stars under 25’.
- In 2003, he won Screen Actors Guild Awards for the film ‘The Lord of the rings: The return of the king.
- He has adopted a dog named Sidi which he rescued from the sets of Morocco for the Kingdom of Heaven.
- He is following Buddhist under Soka Gakkai International and became a member of SGI-UK which is a Buddhist association.
- In 2009, he was named a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador.
- His hobbies are playing baseball, hanging out with friends, and doing photography.
- He is associated with ‘Australia Unites’ which supports the victims of Australian bush fires.
- To promote sanitation and education programs, he has visited schools and villages in Nepal.
- At Empire Awards 2002, he was honored with an award for ‘Best Debut’.
- At the age of 13, he did his first job as a clay trapper at a pigeon shooting range.