Biography / Wiki
The infamous presidential campaign manager Paul Manafort, is also a former lobbyist, political advisor, and lawyer. He has been questioned and trailed for his ties to Ukraine and Russia while working with political candidates, including Donald Trump.
He has been sentenced to 90 months in prison by special counsel Robert Mueller for money laundering and conspiracy against the United States. He has been trailed for tax fraud as well and is often portrayed as a picture of what not to do when you own your own business.
Height / Weight / Age
|Date Of Birth
|April 1, 1949
|In Centimetres – 175 cm
In Feet and Inches – 5’ 9”
|In Kilograms – 76 kg
In Pounds – 167 lbs
Manafort provided the government with documents listing his total assets at approximately $28 million when he was indicted in the fall of 2017. His legal fees and the $10 million bonds he had to post at the time have presumably taken a big toll on his net worth.
He was estimated to be worth around $70 million at the height of his career. In May 2016 financial documents reported Manafort having $136 million in assets.
Education / Family
Paul J. Manafort Sr., Paul’s father served three terms as mayor in New Britain, where he was born and grew up. He studied at St. Thomas Aquinas High School. Manafort graduated with a degree in business administration from Georgetown University in 1971 and received his law degree from the same school in 1974.
Paul John Manafort Jr.
|New Britain, Connecticut, U.S.
|Lobbyist, Political consultant, Lawyer
|St. Thomas Aquinas High School
|New Britain, Connecticut, U.S.
|Paul J. Manafort Sr.
|Antoinette Marie Manafort
Career / Fashion And Style
At the 1976 Republican National Convention, Manafort made his name when he was given a delegate-wrangling work. He helped Ford fight off an essential test from California Gov. Ronald Reagan.
This marked the beginning of his career which turned out to be corrupt and unlawful. Manafort was found guilty of eight of the 18 counts in 2018 which included five charges of tax fraud, one charge of hiding foreign bank accounts and two charges of bank fraud.
He later also pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy against the U.S. and another count of conspiracy to obstruct justice due to attempts to tamper with witnesses. Manafort in 2006 also signed a $10 million-per-year contract with Oleg Deripaska, a Russian oligarch with close ties to Vladimir Putin.
Ukraine’s Viktor Yanukovych and his Party also took advice from Paul and from 2012 to 2014 his firm received more than $17 million from Ukraine clients. Manafort became an adviser to Donald Trump’s presidential campaign in March 2016 and had to leave the campaign in August 2016 because his ties with Yanukovych started to publish.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
Manafort is married to Kathleen, a 1979 graduate of George Washington University. The couple has two daughters Andrea born in 1985 and Jessica born in 1982.
|Daughter – Jess Manafort (Director)
Some Interesting Facts About Paul Manafort
- The campaign of French presidential candidate, then Prime Minister Edouard Balladur was advised by Manafort in 1995.
- Black, Manafort, Stone & Kelly is the lobbying firm Manafort co-founded in 1980.
- In the so-called “black ledger” of cash stolen from taxpayers, Manafort’s name turned up on $12 million in alleged payments.
- After Donald Trump Fired FBI Director James Comey, Robert Mueller was appointed as Special Counsel in May who investigated the case.
- Manafort was chosen as Campaign Chairman for Trump from April to August 2016.
- He has been accused and sentenced for Acting as Unregistered Agents of Foreign Governments and Laundering Millions.
- Because of uncommon advice, Robert Mueller’s examination concerning Russian obstruction in the 2016 decision Paul Manafort has been named as the primary individual on government charges.
- Working in President Gerald Ford’s White House staff office, he landed his initial position in governmental issues in 1975.
- For Several Years His Financial Dealings Have Been Under Scrutiny and a warrant was also served at his home.
- To help him regain the prime ministry, Yanukovych, the pro-Russian prime minister of Ukraine plotted a series of parliamentary victories. Yanukovych, in 2014 was overthrown by a pro-Western uprising in 2014.