Biography / Wiki
Singer-Songwriters are a precious gift to the world, they create music that speaks to our hearts, our souls, and our whole being, this line has been very well proved by Rick Ross who is an eminent American rapper, songwriter, record executive, and entrepreneur.
Moreover, this handsome personality had a wonderful musical career and has delivered hit albums including, Port of Miami, Deeper than rap, Trilla, Teflon Don, and God Forgives, I don’t. Recently, Ross came into the limelight on September 7, 2021, when his book The Perfect Day to Boss Up debuted at #5 on the New York Times’ weekly bestsellers list.
Height / Weight / Age
Born on January 28, 1976, this handsome rapper has turned 47 years old. He seems enough tall with his height which is 180 centimeters and he is 5’11” in feet & inches. He maintains himself very fit and healthy with a weight of 113 kilograms and 249 lbs in pounds.
Moreover, he is very conscious about his physique and follows a regular and healthy diet in order to keep himself fit as a fiddle with body measurements of 45 inches chest, 40 inches waist, and 15 inches biceps approximately.
This eminent rapper, Rick has obtained the status of multi-millionaire at a young age with his sincere affection and dedication for music. According to the sources, his estimated net worth is $35 million approximately.
In fact, all his wealth, in turn, helped him to lead a high-end luxurious lifestyle with expensive watches to wear, fancy cars to operate a vehicle, and a secret mansion-like house to house. Thus, through his hard work and dedication, Ross has definitely achieved great heights in his career.
Education / Family
Born in Clarksdale, Mississippi, United States, Rick belongs to the black ethnicity. He is the loving and caring son of Sonny Ross (Father) and Tommie Roberts (Mother). Moreover, he was raised in Miami, Florida along with his one sibling, a sister named Tawanda Roberts. As of his education, Ross studied at Miami Carol City Senior High School.
After graduating from high school, he enrolled at the historically black college Albany State University. Besides this, while growing up, Ross was very much influenced by legendary rap artists like Luther Campbell along with the Notorious B.I.G and he started getting inclined to the rap genre more professionally.
|Nick Name||Rick Ross|
|Birth Place||Clarksdale, Mississippi, USA|
|Date of birth||January 28, 1976|
|Height||In feet & inches: 5’11”
In centimeters: 180 cm
|Weight||In kilograms: 113 kg
In pounds: 249 lbs
|Profession||Rapper, songwriter, record executive, and entrepreneur|
|School||Miami Carol City Senior High School|
|College||Albany State University|
|Home town||Clarksdale, Mississippi, USA|
|Fathers name||Sonny Ross|
|Mothers name||Tommie Roberts
Career / Fashion and Style
Moving towards his career, Ross made his debut under the pseudonym Teflon Da Don in his early years at Suave House Records. Later, he made his recording debut on the song “Ain’t Shhh to Discuss” on Erick Sermon’s lone album, Def Squad Presents Erick Onasis.
In fact, he also formed his local rap group Carol City Carter which led him to sign with Suave House Records, former label for rap duo 8Ball & MJG. After that, Rick’s talent started to get attention from bigger labels in the industry, and eventually, he signed with Slip-n-Slide Records, which has been under the Def Jam label since 2006.
Furthermore, In August 2006, Rick showed his ability by releasing his debut album Port of Miami which was debuted at the top spot on the U.S. Billboard 200 album chart. In fact, Port of Miami also earned Gold certification from the Recording Industry Association of America on November 8, 2006.
Moreover, he proved his talents and marked his arrival in their industry with great bangs. Later, in the year 2008, he released his second album, “Trilla” which featured hit singles including ‘speedin’, ‘here I am’ and ‘the boss’.
Apart from that, Rick founded the record label Maybach Music Group in the year 2009 and this year brought even bigger success towards the rapper’s belt with the release of his third studio album “Deeper than rap”.
Besides this, in the year 2010, he released his fourth venture “Teflon Don” which also debuted straight in number 2 on the Billboard 200 in its first about a week. Additionally, Ross signed Wale and Meek Mill to his Maybach Music Group imprint in the year 2011.
In the same year, the group released their debut compilation album, Self Made Vol. 1. In June 2012, the group released their second compilation, Self Made Vol. 2. Other than this, Some of his other albums released are Mastermind, Hood Billionaire (2014), God Forgives, I Don’t (2012), Black Market (2015), and Rather You Than Me (2017).
Thereafter, on June 22, 2018, Rick released “Green Gucci Suit” with Future as the second single from his tenth studio album Port of Miami 2 which was released on August 9, 2019. In fact, this superhit album debuted at number two on the Billboard 200. Later, on August 26, 2020, during an interview with Hot 97, he announced that his eleventh album, Richer Than I’ve Ever Been is set to be released in 2021.
Girlfriend, Affairs, Wife, and More
Talking about her relationship status, Rick has four children named Berkeley Hermes Roberts, Toie Roberts, Billion Leonard Roberts, and William Roberts III. Moreover, he has also dated several girls named Elsie Neal, Tiallondra Kemp, Shateria Moragne-El, Christelle Blanche, Paige Imani, Ming Lee, and Lira Galore.
Besides this, in the year 2015, Ross started dating Lira Galore. After that, the duo got engaged. However, their relation couldn’t last long and came to an end.
|Children||Daughters – Berkeley Hermes Roberts,
Sons – Billion Leonard Roberts,
William Roberts III
Here we are providing the list of favorites of Rick Ross:
|Favorite Actor||Not Known|
|Favorite Actress||Not Known|
|Favorite Destination||Not Known|
Some Interesting Facts About Rick Ross
- Ross was ranked on the fourth spot by MTV News in its 2008 “Hottest MCs in the Game” list among ten rappers.
- While celebrating his 37th birthday, Ross and his girlfriend were the targets of a drive-by shooting in Fort Lauderdale, Florida on January 27, 2013. Neither his girlfriend nor Ross was hurt, but they ended up crashing their car into an apartment in an attempt to escape the shooting.
- He was hospitalized after being found unresponsive in his Miami, Florida, home from a possible heart attack on March 2, 2018. But just a few days later, he was released from the hospital.
- Rick also owned several different Wingstop restaurant locations as of 2017.
- He was also criticized in the year 2017 for stating in an interview that he never signed a female rapper because “I would end up fucking [her] and fucking the business up.” Later, he apologized through a Facebook post where he called his comments mistake and insensitive.
- This versatile personality was also nominated by The Source as its “Man of the Year”.
- He has performed at BET Awards 2011, which aired on June 26, 2011.
- In May 2009, The cover of the XXL magazine, titled “Rick Ross Up in Smoke”, featured Ross wearing a pair of Louis Vuitton sunglasses.
- Ross was the first artist signed to Diddy’s management company Ciroc Entertainment.
- from December 1995 to June 1997, he worked as a correctional officer before starting his rap career.
- He is also very popular on Instagram has more than 13.2 million followers.
- In the mid-2000s, he changed his name to Rick Ross.
- Rick was named the Hottest MC in the Game in early 2012.
- Ross has served a brief time in jail and paid thousands of dollars of fine. In fact, he also started a feud with rapper 50 Cent because he supposedly looked at him the wrong way at the BET Hip Hop Awards in 2008.