Biography / Wiki
Canadian actor and director Ryan Gosling rose to fame from his lead role in the romantic drama ‘The Notebook’. He has appeared in many blockbuster hits like ‘Half Nelson’ and ‘Lars and the real girl’ for which he also earned award nominations. He was born Ryan Thomas Gosling on November 12, 1980.
He was deeply influenced by the movie ‘Dick Tracy’ and developed his interest in acting. Along with his sister, he performed at weddings and got involved with a local ballet company. Since their teenage, he started performing before an audience which boosted his confidence and helped him enhance his skills.
Height / Weight / Age
|Date Of Birth||November 12, 1980|
|Height||In Centimeters – 183 cm
In Feet and Inches – 6’0”
|Weight||In Kilograms – 76 kg
In Pounds – 168 lbs
|Shoe Size||11 (US)|
Ryan Gosling’s net worth is estimated to be $30 million approximately.
Education / Family
Ryan Gosling was born to a traveling salesman, Thomas Ray Gosling, and a teacher Donna. He has an elder sister named Mandi Gosling. His parents separated and he lived with his mother and sister.
He had a difficult childhood as he was diagnosed with ADHD and had no friends till the age of 14 or 15. He discovered his passion for performing arts at a young age. As a child artist, she signed a two-year contract with ‘The Mickey Mouse Club’.
|Real Name||Ryan Thomas Gosling|
|Birth Place||London, Canada|
|Profession||Actor, producer, musician|
|School||Gladstone Public School, Cornwall
Cornwall Collegiate and Vocational School
Lester B. Pearson High School
|Home Town||London, Ontario, Canada|
|Debut||TV – Mickey Mouse Club (1993)
Film – Frankenstein and Me (1997)
|Fathers Name||Thomas Gosling
|Mothers Name||Donna Gosling
Career / Fashion And Style
Ryan started his career as a child actor and appeared in the teenage comedy series ‘Breaker High’ from 1997 to 1998. In 2000, he was featured in the football drama ‘Remember the Titans’ in a supporting role.
He was starred in the psychological thriller ‘Murder by numbers’ along with Michael Pitt and Sandra Bullock. In 2004, he received his major breakthrough from a big commercial hit romantic drama film ‘The Notebook’.
For the movie ‘Half Nelson’ he was nominated for an Academy Award and received the Best Actor Award at the Las Palmas Film Festival. In 2007, he formed a rock duo with Zach Shields and in 2009 released their first album ‘Dead Man’s Bones’.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
He isn’t married but has dated several women. He has two daughters named Esmeralda Amanda Gosling and Amada Lee Gosling.
|Girlfriends||Sandra Bullock (2001-2002)
Rachel McAdams (2004-2008)
Blake Lively (2010)
Eva Mendes (2011-present)
|Children||Daughters – Esmeralda Amanda Gosling, Amada Lee Gosling
Here is the list of Ryan’s favourite things.
|Favourite Film||East of Eden, Dick Tracy|
|Favourite Food||Calamari drizzled with lemon juice|
|Favourite Colour||Purple, white|
|Favourite Book||El Topo: A Book of the film|
Some Interesting Facts About Ryan Gosling
- Ryan had quit smoking after filming ‘The Nice Guys’ but he still consumes alcohol.
- He hated being a child and didn’t like his childhood.
- He had no friends until he was 14 or 15 years old.
- He got influenced by an action film ‘First Blood’ and carried knives to school and threw them at the students.
- He was diagnosed with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and was placed in a class of special-needs students.
- ‘Dead Man’s Bones’ is a band which is owned by Ryan.
- In Beverly Hills, California there is a Moroccan restaurant named ‘Tagine’ which is co-owned by him.
- His hobbies are dancing, knitting, and playing the guitar.
- In 2007, he was among those 115 people who were invited to join AMPAS.
- In a TV talent show, he was the only boy in the group of girl dancers.
- He loves dogs and had a dog named George.
- In 2004, People Magazine named him among one of the 50 hottest bachelors.
- The Jeep Cherokee driven by Ben Chaplin in Murder by Numbers was purchased by him.
- He had beat out 17,000 people in the audition of ‘The All-New Mickey Mouse Club’ and got selected.
- To make a documentary on the Darfur refugees, he visited Chad in 2005.
- He was given the title of 2004 ShoWest Male Star of Tomorrow.