Biography / Wiki
YouTube has become the major and prominent platform for all vloggers and bloggers to gain name and fame. She is an American YouTuber, fashion blogger, vlogger, writer, producer, and actor. Before creating her own channels, she worked for a popular media company.
She was born on July 16, 1992, in Chicago, Illinois. Her flawless looks and stunning beauty have impressed her fans and subscribers. A variety of content and the uniqueness of content have helped her earn a massive fan following.
Height / Weight / Age
|Date Of Birth
|July 16, 1992
|In Centimeters – 177 cm
In Feet and Inches – 5’10”
|In Kilograms – 65 kg
In Pounds – 143 lbs
As of 2019, Safiya Nygaard has an estimated net worth of $2.4 million.
Education / Family
Safiya was born to a Danish father and an Indian mother, Mumtaz Nygaard. She has one brother Adil and one sister. She attended Whitney M. Young Magnet High School for elementary education. From Stanford University, she pursued a BA degree in English and Drama.
Since childhood, she was inclined toward drama and theatre. She participated in and associated with many plays and events. While studying she did many odd jobs to earn her living. During her early career, she appeared in a number of stage productions.
|Safiya Jaffer Nygaard
|Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
|Actress, Comedian, Writer, Beauty Vlogger
|Whitney M. Young Magnet High School
|Stanford University, California
|Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|YouTube: Tiger Dad Comedy (in 2014)
|Name not known
|Name not known
Career / Fashion And Style
In April 2015, she was hired by BuzzFeed. She became the content writer and creator for the company and also appeared in their videos. She created the new series ‘Ladylike’ in October 2015 along with Fredricka Ransome.
The series was based on trying out new beauty and fashion products and giving reviews about the product to the audience. They also showed few experiments with beauty products with various techniques.
Lately, the show became solely about hair tutorials. After making a few changes in the content of the series, it gained momentum and became a full-fledged show of ‘BuzzFeed’. In January 2017, she left BuzzFeed and started focusing on her own YouTube channel. She started posting videos weekly on beauty, fashion, style and sometimes weirdness.
Currently, she uploads the video on her self-titled channel which has 5.5 million subscribers. At the 10th Annual Shorty Awards, she was one of the finalists for the ‘YouTuber of the year’.
She mentioned the reason behind leaving Buzzfeed. The primary reason would be independence, due to company policies she wasn’t allowed to interact with her fans on YouTube. Though the creator of the series was Ransome and Safiya, still they were not included in the decision making of ‘Ladylike’.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
She is dating Tyler Williams who is a YouTuber and CEO of ‘Nextbeat’. The couple met at Stanford University for the first time.
Some Interesting Facts About Safiya Nygaard
- She was born in Chicago but moved to Los Angeles for her further studies.
- She became a member of a group named ‘The Young Company’ and CPS Advanced Arts Education Programme” in Theatre Arts.
- At Stanford University, she became the head of Ram’s Theatrical Society.
- At various events, she also worked as a director and assistant producer.
- During her college days, she has done some odd jobs to earn her living.
- She released her web series ‘Tiger Dad Comedy’ on YouTube. She became the producer, director, and wrote the content of the series.
- Through the web series, she has earned name and fame.
- She is afraid of wearing bodycon dresses.
- She has appeared in Hollywood in TMI in 2015.
- She has more than 4.7 million subscribers to her YouTube channel ‘Safiya Nygaard’.
- Every year she celebrates her dating anniversary with Tyler Williams at Disney Land.
- She is a big fan of Harry Potter and loves pop culture.
- Safiya was the founding member and co-creator of the ‘Ladylike’ series.
- Her ethnicity is half Danish and half Indian.
- Her hobbies are reading and writing.