Biography / Wiki
It’s difficult to stop your body from moving and grooving to the songs of Shakira. Parties are incomplete without the beats of “Hips don’t lie”, “Whenever Whenever” and “Waka Waka”. The real name of this popular Columbian pop singer is Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll.
She was born on February 2, 1977, in Barranquilla, Columbia. Along with her singing, her belly dancing is also widely popular. She has won multiple awards including Grammy, Latin American, and MTV music awards.
Height / Weight / Age
|Date Of Birth||February 2, 1977|
|Height||In Centimeters – 157 cm
In Feet and Inches – 5’2”
|Weight||In Kilograms – 65 kg
In Pounds – 183 lbs
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Hair Color||Brown (Dyed blonde)|
|Dress Size||4 (US)|
|Shoe Size||8 (US)|
As of now, Shakira has an estimated net worth of $300 million.
Education / Family
She went to La Ensenanza School, Barranquilla for schooling. Since her school days, she started practicing her passion for singing and songwriting. She got fascinated by belly dancing when her father took her to a restaurant where the dancer was doing Belly-dance on the Arabic drum beat. Since then she started belly dancing and learned it from her grandmother.
To write her songs and poem, she asked her father for a typewriter as a Christmas gift. She attended the University of California but didn’t complete her graduation because she wanted to concentrate on music. She has many stepbrothers and stepsisters but no real ones. She also has a son Milan Pique Mebarak from her current boyfriend, Gerard Pique.
Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll
|Birth Place||Barranquilla, Atlantico, Colombia|
|Profession||Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer, Dancer, Philanthropist, Entrepreneur|
|School||La Ensenanza School, Barranquilla|
|College||University of California, Los Angeles|
|Debut||Latin- American Album: Magia (1991)
English Album: Laundry Service
Film – El Oasis (1996)
|Fathers Name||William Mebarak Chadid|
|Mothers Name||Nidia del Carmen Ripoll Torrado|
|Brothers||Stepbrothers- Tonino Mebarak, Edward Mebarak, Antonio Mebarak, Alberto Mebarak, Robin Mebarak, Moises Mabarak|
|Sister||Stepsisters- Lucy Mebarak, Ana Mebarak, Patricia Mebarak|
Career / Fashion And Style
From her childhood itself, she started writing songs and poems. At the age of 13, she made her debut on the album, ”Magia” in 1990. After her two flop albums, in 1996 her album “Pies Descalzos” sold more than a million copies. This album was a blend of Arabic, Latin, and rock musical styles.
She did her English debut on the album “Laundry Service”. “Whenever Whenever” and “Underneath your clothes” were the biggest hits from this album. These songs were translated and released in the Spanish language as well. For this song, she won the “International viewer’s choice award” at MTV music video awards.
In 1997, she founded the “Pies Descalzos Foundation” for the poor children of Columbia. Through this, she provided education, health, and nutrition to the underprivileged children. She got a golden opportunity to sing the official song of the 2010 FIFA world cup, “Waka Waka”.
In 2010, she was honored with the medal by the UN “International Labour Organization”. She is one of the global representatives at UNICEF.
She is the owner of three properties which are as follows: Barcelona Spain, La Colorado Farmhouse and The Star Island Home. Porsche Carrera, BMW X6, Audi A7, Rangerover etc., are some of the cards included in her car collection.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
|Boyfriends||Antonio De La Rua (2000-2011)
Gerard Pique (2011-present)
|Children||Milan Pique Mebarak
Here we are providing you the list of her favourite things.
|Favourite Actors||Hugh Gran|
|Favourite TV shows||Scrubs, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia|
|Favourite Perfume||Issey Miyake Perfumes|
|Favourite Book||The Prophet (Khalil Gibran)|
|Favourite Food||Pancakes with Jam|
|Favourite Song||With or Without You|
Some Interesting Facts About Shakira
- She can speak fluent Spanish, English, and Portuguese.
- She has three dogs – Coquito, Chan, and Gordita.
- Her ethnicity is Italian, Lebanese and Spanish.
- “Waka Waka” the official song of 2010 FIFA world cup was sung by Shakira. It crossed a billion views and is one of the most viewed videos.
- She wrote her first poem at the age of 4.
- Forbes included her name in the list of “Highest earning female artist” in 2008.
- Her grandmother taught her “Belly-dancing”.
- Her hobbies are playing golf, tennis, and basketball, watching horror movies, learning history and languages.
- She runs an organization “Pies Descalzos Foundation” for helping poor children of Columbia.
- John Lennon and Gloria Estefan are inspirational artists for Gloria.
- Shakira’s ex-boyfriend Antonio De La Rua, was the son of one of the former Presidents of Argentina.
- In 55 countries, her song “Hips don’t lie” was the number one single.
- She is currently in a relationship with Gerard Pique.
- Gloria Estefan helped Shakira in learning English.