Biography / Wiki
An American film and TV actor Steve Howey rose to fame by appearing in the series ‘Shameless’. He was a basketball player in college and ended up pursuing acting for his career. He was born on July 12, 1977, in San Antonio, Texas.
Steve’s father played a vital role in inspiring Steve towards acting. He became a prominent actor on TV by his notable roles of Van Montgomery in Reba and Ben Piller in CTRL. He is an active supporter of the LGBT community. Along with his wife, he was sued by his nanny for charges such as religious discrimination, verbal abuse, and sexual harassment.
Height / Weight / Age
Steve Howey has a towering height of 192 cm and in feet inches; his height is 6’3”. His weight is 85 kg in Kilograms or 187 lbs in Pounds. He will turn 46 years old. His eye color is hazel and his hair color is dark brown. His body measurement is as follows 41 inches chest, 31 inches waist, and 17 inches biceps. He has tattoos on his biceps, arms, and chest.
His net worth is estimated to be $2.5 million approximately.
Education / Family
Steve was born to film director Bill Howey and Carla Novinger. He was born with a silver spoon and he spent most of his childhood in a boat sailing the Pacific Coast along with his parents. He attended Colorado High School where he played basketball.
Later he was enrolled in Northeastern Junior College through a basketball scholarship. He has a brother named Bret Howey and a sister named Tammy Howey.
|Real Name||Steven Michael Robert Howey|
|Birth Place||San Antonio, Texas, US|
|Date Of Birth||July 12, 1977|
|Height||In Centimeters – 192 cm
In Feet and Inches – 6’3”
|Weight||In Kilograms – 85 kg
In Pounds – 187 lbs
|Hair Color||Dark brown|
|School||Colorado High School|
|College||Northeastern Junior College, Sterling, Colorado|
|Home Town||San Antonio, Texas, US|
|Debut||Film – Class (1998)
TV – Pacific Blue (1999)
|Fathers Name||Bill Howey|
|Mothers Name||Carla Novinger
Career / Fashion And Style
In 1988, he made his acting debut with the independent film ‘Class’, which was selected at the Denver International Film Festival. Later he made guest appearances in the series such as ‘Get Real’, ‘ER’, and ‘The Drew Carey Show’.
He was also featured in the music video ‘Every other weekend’ by Reba McEntire. As Daniel Williams, he was featured in the romantic black comedy ‘Bride Wars’. For three episodes, he joined ‘Sons of Anarchy’ as Hopper.
By bagging a lead role in Shameless, his popularity increased worldwide and he started getting bigger projects. With the actor Justin Chatwin, he appeared in the romantic comedy ‘Unleashed’ in 2016.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
He is married to Sarah Shahi who was his co-star for the series ‘Reba’. The couple got married on February 7, 2009, in Hawaii. Their first son William Wolf Howey was born in July 2009. In 2015, the couple had twins Knox Blue and Violet Moon.
|Wife||Sarah Shahi (2009-present)|
|Children||Son – William Wolf Howey, Knox Blue Howey
Daughter – Violet Moon Howey
Here we are providing you the list of his favourite things.
|Favourite Actors||Jackie Gleason, Denzel Washington, Rob Reiner, John Ritter, Steve McQueen|
|Favourite Food||Bacon, Cheese, Chicken Wings|
|Favourite Beverage||Beer, Coffee|
|Favorite Sport||Basketball, Baseball|
Some Interesting Facts About Steve Howey
- His father Bill Howey, was an actor and director.
- Most of his childhood was spent on a boathouse with his parents.
- During his college days, he played basketball and received a scholarship at Northeastern Junior College in Sterling, Colorado.
- Steve pursued acting because of his father’s profession.
- At the Colorado restaurant, “Grady’s American Grill” he worked as a waiter.
- He began his acting career by working in the film class, which was written and directed by his father.
- In series ‘Reba as Van Montgomery’, he got his first lead role in 2001 which became the turning point in his career.
- After appearing in Reba, he got a lead role as Kevin Ball on the most popular American comedy series Shameless.
- He was interviewed at many talks shows about his real and reel life.
- He has a unique tiger tattoo on his arm.
- His ‘Shameless’ family gave him a surprise party on a boat on his 40th
- To support LGBT youth, on Spirit Day he wore purple.
- He appeared on the cover page of ‘Miami Living Magazine’ in November 2017.
- His hobbies are shooting, riding a motorcycle, martial arts, diving, and listening to music.
- Steve’s nanny sued him for insulting her religion and sexually harassing her.
- His ethnicity is Caucasian.