Biography / Wiki
Troy Polamalu played his entire twelve-year career for the Pittsburgh Steelers of the National Football League. He was born on April 19, 1981, in Garden Grove, California. He is a former American football strong safety who played from 2003-2015.
He earned consensus ‘All-American honors’ when he played college football for the University of Southern California. The Steelers chose Troy in the first round of the 2003 NFL Draft. He is an eight-time Pro-Bowler and a six-time All-Pro selection. He also became the head of player relations of the Alliance of American Football.
Height / Weight / Age
|Date Of Birth||April 19, 1981|
|Height||In Centimeters – 178 cm
In Feet and Inches – 5’10”
|Weight||In Kilograms – 94 kg
In Pounds – 207 lbs
|Shoe Size||Not Known|
The net worth of Troy Polamalu is estimated to be $30 million approximately.
Education / Family
Troy was raised by his mother Suila Polamalu. He has one brother Sakio Aumua and three sisters Tria Aumua, Sheila Aumua, and Lupe Aumua. He attended Douglas High School in Oregon where he played high school football.
He was named to the All-state first team and was the All-far west league offensive most valuable player for Douglas High. To attend the University of Southern California, he received an athletic scholarship and pursued a degree in history.
|Real Name||Troy Aumua Polamalu|
|Nickname||Tasmanian Devil, Quiet Storm, The Samoan Headhunters, The Flyin’ Hawaiian|
|Birth Place||Garden Grove, California|
|Profession||American football player|
|School||Douglas High School in Winston, Oregon|
|College||University of Southern California|
|Home Town||Garden Grove, California|
|Debut||NFL – 2003|
|Fathers Name||Name not known|
|Mothers Name||Suila Polamalu|
|Sister||Tria Aumua, Sheila Aumua, Lupe Aumua|
Career / Fashion And Style
Troy signed a contract with the Steelers after a short hold out to a five-year $12.10 million. He made his professional regular-season debut in the Steelers season-opening 34-15 victory over the Baltimore Ravens.
In 2005, Troy started his first career playoff game and collected seven combined tackles, deflected a pass and intercepted New York Jets’ quarterback Chad Pennington. In 2007, he signed a four-year extension with the Steelers worth $30.19 million with $15.37 million guaranteed.
In 2009, Troy featured on the cover of Madden NFL 2010, alongside Super Bowl XLIII opponent and Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald. Polamalu announced his retirement on April 10, 2015, from professional football citing his family as the main reason. In Arena Capital, he is an investor which is called a multi-family office that pulls together the funds of four families and manages their spending and investments.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
In 2005, he married Theodora Holmes and has two sons who are named after Orthodox Christian Saints.
|Children||Sons – Paisios, Ephraim
Here we are providing you the list of his favourite things.
|Favourite Destination||Oregon, USA|
|Favourite Musical Instrument||Piano|
Some Interesting Facts About Troy Polamalu
- Steelers drafted Troy in 2003 where he was taken with the 16th overall pick in the draft.
- He played football, baseball, and basketball during high school.
- He signed his new contract in 2007, for a time it made Troy Polamalu the highest-paid defensive back in the entire NFL.
- Troy Polamalu’s uncle, Kennedy Pola was a coach on the Jacksonville Jaguars coaching staff.
- He is married to Theodora Holmes whose sister is NFL player and USC Trojans alumnus Alex Holmes.
- He has enough knowledge about history and theology of early Christianity, thus he and his converted themselves to Orthodox Christianity in 2007.
- Both of his sons are named after Orthodox Christian saint: Saint Paisios the Great of Egypt and Saint Ephraim the Syrian.
- Troy and his wife founded an organization ‘Harry Panos Fund’ to honor Theodora’s grandfather who served in World War 2.
- It is easy to spot Troy on the field because of his distinguishing hair. In 2000, he had his haircut last time.
- He has starred in five commercials for the Head & Shoulders shampoo.
- In 2012, he has a cameo in the film ‘The dark knight rises’.
- In 2016, he voiced a small role in the film ‘Moana’.
- Polamalu bowed out of professional football on April 10, 2015.
- His hobbies are surfing, growing flowers, making furniture, and playing the piano.
- His ethnicity is American Samoan.
- His jersey number is 43.
- He belongs to the team ‘Pittsburgh Steelers’.