Biography / Wiki
A versatile star who has played diverse roles in different movies and TV series Winona Ryder is a popular American celebrity actress who made her debut in 1986 with the movie Lucas. Popular for her philanthropic works, Winona has gone through many ups and downs in her life.
She is the winner of the prestigious Academy Award and also the winner of the Golden Globe Award. Because of her popularity, she has also become one of the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Height / Weight / Age
Born on 29 October 1971, Winona Ryder will turn 51 years old. She appears slim but short in height and also has a toned figure with her body measurements of 36-24-35. Winona has a height of 5’2” and her weight measures 52 kg. She has a beautiful smile along with her Dark Brown eyes and Naturally Blonde hair.
As the primary source of her income are her movies and TV shows, Winona has featured in numerous TV shows and series whenever she had the time and also has acted in over 40 movies. The music video she features is also one of her sources of income she has.
She has become more relevant with her role in Netflix Original Series Stranger Things. The total net worth of Winona Ryder is estimated to be $18 million as of now.
Education / Family
Winona Laura Horowitz was born in Olmsted County, Minnesota and she is the daughter of Michael Horowitz, her father, and Cynthia Palmer, her mother. Her mother is an author and video producer while her father is an author and publisher.
She grew up with three siblings Sunyata Palmer, Jubal Palmer, and Uri Horowitz. In 1989, she graduated after attending Petaluma High School. When she was 12, she enrolled at the American Conservatory Theatre to receive acting lessons in 1983.
Winona Laura Horowitz
|Birth Place||Olmsted County, Minnesota, U.S.|
|Date Of Birth||October 29, 1971|
|Height||In centimeters – 161 cm
In feet and inches – 5’2”
|Weight||In kilograms – 52 kg
In pounds – 115 pounds
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|School||Kenilworth Junior High School
Petaluma High School
|Home Town||Olmsted County, Minnesota, U.S.|
|Debut||Film: Lucas (1986)|
|Fathers Name||Michael Horowitz (Author, editor, publisher, and antiquarian bookseller)
|Mothers Name||Cynthia Palmer (Author, editor, and video producer)|
|Brothers||Jubal Palmer (Older Half-Brother),
Uri Horowitz (Younger Brother)
|Sister||Sunyata Palmer (Older Half-Sister)
Career / Fashion And Style
She was chosen to play a small role in the film Lucas, which marked the beginning of her career in 1986. She adopted the screen name Winona Ryder while working in this film. in the form of the character Veronica Sawyer her first substantial role came in the black comedy 1988 film ‘Heathers’.
In 1990 she played Kim in the romantic fantasy film ‘Edward Scissorhands’. In 1993 ‘The Age of Innocence’ is the Award-winning movie for which she received a nomination in the Academy Award for Best Actress in a Supporting role. Girl, Interrupted is the 1999 drama film in which she worked as executive producer.
She was sentenced to three years probation in 2002 after using drugs and on shoplifting charges in 2001. In 2007 she appeared in the black comedy ‘Sex and Death 101’. ‘When Love Is Not Enough: The Lois Wilson Story’ is the television movie in which she played Lois Wilson in 2010. She became a global star after Netflix series Stranger Things was launched in 2016.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
Here we provide you the list of Winona Ryder’s favourite things.
|Favourite Band||The Replacements|
|Favourite Book||The Catcher in the Rye|
|Favourite Actress||Barbara Stanwyck|
|Favourite Food||Oriental-flavored Ramen noodles|
Some Interesting Facts About Winona Ryder
- She helped Italian fashion designer, Giorgio Armani to promote the Manhattan chain of stores.
- Originally written for Drew Barrymore, she played the role as Nola in the 1998 movie
- In late 1999 Winona started her own music company Roustabout Studios.
- French pop band Bonjour Gaston in July 2014 released a song in her name titled “Winona FTW” referring to her.
- Because of her parent’s friendship with Italian American musicians and author has a middle name “Laura”.
- Her father is a big fan of Mitch Ryder, a soul and rock singer and her stage name “Winona Ryder” is derived from her.
- After emigrating from Russia to America, her dad changed the last name from “Tomchin” to “Horowitz”.
- She suffers from aquaphobia, meaning she is afraid of water, because of a near-drowning experience at the age of 12.
- She turned down the role of Katrina in Sleepy Hollow which finally went to Christina Ricci for the 1999 film.
- Due to her busy schedule and scheduling conflicts the role of Alice Sutton in Conspiracy Theory(1997) went to Julia Roberts.