Biography / Wiki
The Mexican star who went from teaching at a preschool to becoming an award-winning actress Yalitza Aparicio starred as Cleo in Alfonso Cuarón’s award-winning film Roma in the year 2018 and became popular all over the world because of the success of the film.
With the thought that her then-pregnant sister might end up being a victim of human trafficking, Yalitza was lucky that she accompanied her sister to her casting session. As her sister backed out from the audition, Yalitza got the part. She has also become a social media star after the release of the movie and has a huge fan following as well.
Height / Weight / Age
Born on the 11th of December 1993 Yalitza Aparicio will turn 29 years old. She doesn’t appear to be much taller and her height measures 5 feet 2 inches while her weight is 57 kg approximately.
She has a healthy body figure and her body figure measurements are 35.5-30-37, she wears number 5 in the shoe size. She has dark brown eyes and the color of her long and straight hair is black.
Yalitza Aparicio was teaching preschool before she entered the Hollywood entertainment industry. This actress from Mexico received widespread popularity after her work in the film Roma which was released in the year 2018. She has earned most of her wealth through her work in the film as well as her work as a teacher. The total net worth estimated for Yalitza Aparicio is $350 thousand US dollars as of now.
Education / Family
Yalitza Aparicio was born and raised in Tlaxiaco, Oaxaca, Mexico. She has been quite private about her personal life but it is known that she was raised by her mother along with three siblings.
She has also not disclosed the educational details but it is known that she completed her High school graduation. The talented actress has also refrained from sharing the details about her dating life.
Yalitza Aparicio Martínez
|Birth Place||Tlaxiaco, Oaxaca, Mexico|
|Date Of Birth||December 11, 1993|
|Height||In centimetres – 158 cm
In feet and inches – 5′ 2″
|Weight||In kilograms – 57 Kg
In pounds – 125 lbs
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Profession||Actress, Former Teacher, and Instagram Star|
|Home Town||Tlaxiaco, Oaxaca, Mexico|
|Debut||Film – Roma, as Cleo in 2018|
|Fathers Name||Name Not Known|
|Mothers Name||Name Not Known|
Career / Fashion And Style
Yalitza was working as a teacher before she entered the acting world. Her movie, Roma is Yalitza’s biggest break and she has received several awards and nominations for her brilliant work in the film.
Her gentle, delicate, stoic and selfless acting and portrayal of the character has won the hearts of many from the world, and the fact that she has no experience in acting has given her performance new heights. What led her to several awards, nominations, and honors was her outstanding acting in the movie and she was also considered as the sparkler of this phenomenal film.
Becoming the first Indigenous American woman who was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Actress, and the second Mexican woman to receive a Best Actress Oscar nomination, she managed to it because of the great work from the legendary director Alfonso Cuarón. In January 2019, Yalitza also appeared on the cover of Vogue and Vanity Fair magazine.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
Here we provide you the list of Yalitza Aparicio’s favorite things.
|Favorite Actors||Paul Rudd|
|Favorite Actress||Salma Hayek|
|Favorite Holiday Destinations||Paris|
|Favorite Food||Mexican Cuisine|
|Favorite Things To Do||Cooking and Watching TV shows|
Some Interesting Facts About Yalitza Aparicio
- After she decided to accompany her pregnant sister who was to audition for the same role, Yalitza got the role of Cleo as her sister freaked out when they got to the location.
- She felt that they were being led into a human trafficking trap during that time.
- She had no training in acting and still has won several awards for ‘Best Actress’.
- Yalitza was raised alongside her siblings by her mother who earned a living as a maid and they belonged to a poor family.
- When she was a teenager, her father left her and the other 3 siblings.
- Until she watched the film, King Kong, she didn’t know that a building such as the Empire State Building even existed.
- She is an active user of social media and has accounts on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- She worked as a teacher in a pre-school situated in Putla prior to her career as an actor.
- She was featured on the cover of Vogue Mexico in January 2019.
- Yalitza became the first-ever Mixtec Mexican to become the face of Vogue.