Biography / Wiki
‘Bradford Bad Boy’ also known as “Zayn Malik” is an English singer and songwriter, born and brought up in Bradford, West Yorkshire, England. Born on 12th January 1993 to Yaser Malik and Tricia Brannan Malik.
Zayn’s first public appearance was as a solo contestant for ‘British Music Competition’ “The X Factor in 2010 where he got eliminated as a solo performer and entered back with four other contestants namely ‘Harry Styles’, ‘Nail Horan’, ‘Liam Payne’ & ‘Louis Tomlinson’ and which further was a brand new beginning for “One Direction”.
Height / Weight / Age
|Date Of Birth||12th January 1993|
|Height||In Centimetres- 157 cm
In Feet and Inches- 5’9”
|Weight||In Kilograms- 66 kg
In Pounds- 145 lbs
|Eye Color||Hazel Brown|
|Shoe Size||9 (US)|
Zayn Malik has an estimated net worth of $65 Million.
Education / Family
Zayn Malik was born and raised in Bradford, England, U.K. Later for his primary education, he was enrolled at ‘Lower Fields Primary School’ and for his secondary education, he went to “Tong High School”, Bradford. Originally his name is “Zain Javadd Malik” and his ethnicity was “British Pakistani”.
His father, Yaser Malik, is a British Pakistani; his mother, Tricia Brannan Malik, who is partly English and partly Irish later converted to Islam upon her marriage. They are a total of five siblings, his elder sister ‘Doniya’, he himself, and two younger sisters, ‘Waliyha’ and ‘Safaa’. Zayn Malik always wanted to be an English Teacher but eventually, he ended up being a Musician.
|Real name||Zain Javadd Malik|
|Nick Name||Zayn Malik, Zayn|
|Birth Place||Bradford, West Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom|
|Profession||Singer and Songwriter|
|School||Lower Fields Primary School
Tong High School in Bradford
|Home Town||Easy Bowling, Bradford, England, United Kingdom|
|Debut||Up All Night (2011)|
|Fathers Name||Yaser Malik|
|Mothers Name||Tricia Brannan Malik
|Sister||Doniya, Waliyha & Safaa|
Career / Fashion and Style
In 2010, when he was 17 years old, Malik auditioned in Manchester for ‘The X factor’ from were “One direction” band came into existence, which soon gains popularity in the UK, as they got third place in The X Factor. Later they signed their music contracts.
In 2011, One Direction: Forever Young topped ‘The Sunday Times’ best-seller list. They did their X Factor Live Tour in February 2011 and performed for 500,000 people and later that year in November their debut studio album “Up All Night” got released.
The debut album reached number one in the United States in March 2012 when it got released internationally. They released a lot of new singles and albums some of which is ‘What makes you beautiful’, ‘Gotta Be You’, ‘One Thing’. “Take Me Home”, “This is Us”, “Memories” and many more got millions of hits and became the first boy band in the U.S. to record two number one albums and earn popularity and fame until later in March 2015. He departed from the band which was a big heartbreak for One Direction’s fan.
Later, his solo album “Mind of Mine” got released in 2015. In January 2016 the album’s lead single “Pillow Talk” was released which got placed as number one in many countries including US Billboard Hot 100 and UK Single charts.
After all the songs got released “Zayn” became the first UK male artist to debut at number one in both UK and US. By the end of 2016, ‘I Don’t Wanna Live Forever’ single released by Taylor Swift and Malik for the film ‘Fifty Shades Darker (2017). In 2017, he released a new single “Still Got Time” with collaboration with ‘PartyNextDoor’.
He also announced his new single featuring ‘Sia’, “Dusk Till Dawn” and series of new singles with artists namely “Timbaland”, “Nicki Minaj”. In 2019, he performed a cover version of “A Whole New World” with “Zhavia Ward” for the remake of the movie Aladdin and so on.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
|Marital Status||Not Married|
Here we are providing you the list of his favourite things.
|Favourite Musical Instrument||N/A|
|Favourite Singer(s)||Naill, Chris Brown, Michael Jackson|
Some Interesting Facts about Zayn Malik
- Zayn’s favorite band of all is NSYNC.
- Zayn dated his fellow mate from X Factor Rebecca Ferguson for four months who is six years older than him.
- While he was on The X Factor, his maternal grandfather passed away and he tattooed his name ‘Walter’ in Arabic as a tribute to him.
- He got addicted to cigarettes and wanted to give up his bad habit and his resolution for the year 2012 was to ‘quit smoking’.
- Zayn sang along with the singer ‘Jay Sean’ on the stage when he visited his school for the first time.
- Malik is more of an R&B singer and beside R&B, he also experiments with electro R&B, hip-hop, neo-soul, and reggae and Qawalli Ghazal genres also.
- Malik was the strongest vocalist in One Direction band and besides that, he has a tenor voice with great versatility and is known for his falsetto and belting notes.
- While keeping a broad mindset he never limits himself in projects and music videos and he acts like he’s supposed to.
- Moreover, he is not an early person and he is afraid of heights and darkness.
- He loves having long hair since he was a kid and even got expelled for his long hair from his first 2 schools.
- Malik fancies ‘Megan fox’ out of her pants and has a man-crush on ‘Justin Timberlake’.
- Zayn even applied for X-Factor in 2009 but failed to show up as he got too nervous.
- Zayn was in his school choir group.
- Malik was ranked 27th on Glamour’s ‘World’s Sexiest men’ list in the year 2011 and ‘Best-Dressed Male in the year 2014 by British GQ’s.
- After departing from his band ‘Zayn’ took over the top position on Billboard 100 surpassing ‘One Direction at number 2 and ‘Justin Bieber’ at number one.
- Zayn Malik doesn’t like to stay in hotels much and he likes to explore more in the outside world. He and Louis once sneaked out of the hotel and got lost in Sydney.