Biography / Wiki
Popular as the former wife of actor Brendan Fraser, film and television actress Afton Smith is an American celebrity. Smith grew up with dreams of becoming an actress. Any time in 1993, she knew Fraser and acted with him in the 1997 hit film ‘George of the Jungle.’ In September 1998, they finally reunited and had three sons together.
However, in the mid-2000s, the union started to deteriorate, resulting in a bitter divorce in April 2008. She was awarded $900,000 a year in divorce settlements and child benefit contributions, which Fraser protested, alleging financial inability, in an appeal to the courts in early 2013.
In exchange, Smith believed that financial assets were being withheld by Fraser. In the 1987 film ‘Less Than Zero’, she made her screen debut, playing a character named Kim. She also starred in the ‘Once Again’ TV film that year. Smith’s career never really took off, after briefly working on a few fairly successful campaigns.
Height / Weight / Age
Born on the 3rd of December 1967, Afton Smith will turn 55 years old. She appears to be tall and has a height of 5 feet 7 inches while her weight is 60 kg approximately. She has maintained herself quite well even after being a mother of three and her body figure measurements are 38-30-40. Smith has blue color eyes and the color of her hair is blonde.
Afton Smith has been working as an actress for a long time starting in the year 1987. Although she is more popular for being the wife of Brendan Fraser she also has made a name for herself and has earned a lot of wealth through her career as a professional actress as well as her divorce settlements. The total net worth estimated for Afton Smith is $3 million US dollars as of now.
Education / Family
A native of New York Afton Smith was born and raised in Northport, New York, USA. She has not revealed many details about her parents but it is known that her father is a businessman while her mother is a homemaker. Afton studied at her local high school and later attended a film school.
|Birth Place||Northport, New York, USA|
|Date Of Birth||3 December 1967|
|Height||In Centimetres – 170 cm
In Feet and Inches – 5’ 7”
|Weight||In Kilograms – 60 kg
In Pounds – 132 Lbs
|School||Local High School in Northport|
|Home Town||Northport, New York, USA|
|Fathers Name||Name Not Known (Businessman)|
|Mothers Name||Name Not Known (House maker)|
Career / Fashion And Style
With the 1987 crime thriller ‘Less Than Nothing’, Smith began her film career. The film also stars James Spader, Jami Gertz, and Robert Downey Jr. and was largely based on the book of the same name by Bret Easton Ellis. She played a character credited simply as the ‘Girl in Disco’ in her next movie, the 1987 television film ‘Once Again’.
She was cast in the romantic drama ‘Pyrates’ after four years of failing and not having many jobs, which told the tale of a couple. This was her first and only appearance on television.
In ‘George of the Jungle’, the 1997 live-action film version of the Jay Ward cartoon of the same name, she collaborated with her then-boyfriend Fraser, playing one of Ursula Stanhope’s (Leslie Mann) colleagues. Smith has written a well-received book named ‘Hollywood Picks the Classics: A Guide for the Beginner and the Novice’ in addition to acting.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
After getting married in 1998, she divorced Brendan in the year 2008, the couple has three sons.
|Husband||Brendan Fraser (m. 1998 – div. 2008)|
|Children||Son – Holden Fletcher Fraser, Leland Francis Fraser, Griffin Arthur Fraser
Here we provide you a list of Afton Smith’s favorite things.
|Favorite Actors||Not Known|
|Favorite Actress||Not Known|
Some Interesting Facts About Afton Smith
- Fraser urged the court to minimize alimony and child support in early 2013, saying he was not as involved financially as he used to be.
- In reply, Smith insisted that he already made at least $3 million a year and could therefore afford to pay the sum initially agreed upon.
- For quite a time, Smith and Fraser have been having issues. Fraser’s publicist revealed in December 2007 that the pair had agreed to split.
- The court ordered Fraser to pay her $50,000 in monthly allowance, seeing as Fraser was one of Hollywood’s top actresses, while Smith, for all intents and purposes, was a homemaker.
- On July 4, 1993, Smith and Fraser met at a barbecue at Winona Ryder’s home.
- They dated for four years and became engaged in October 1997.
- Ryder, who then filmed ‘Reality Bites,’ which also featured Smith, introduced Fraser to her.
- Sometime in April 2008, the divorce process commenced.
- He was ordered to pay her an estimated $300,000 in child care each year.