Biography / Wiki
Competing in the Ultimate Fighting Championship, Amanda Nunes is a mixed martial artist who holds the UFC Women’s Bantamweight champion. She holds Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and has been nicknamed ‘The Lioness’ because of her fierce fighting skills.
After her career started in the year 2008, she is now known as one of the most talented female fighters in the world. After having met at training, Amanda Nunes got together with American mixed martial artist Nina Ansaroff in 2012. They decided to move in together after dating for a brief time and are now engaged.
Height / Weight / Age
Born on the 30th of May 1988 Amanda Nunes is currently 35 years old. She appears to be tall and has a muscular body figure. Her body figure measurements are 36-27-35 and she wears number 7 in the shoe size. Her height measures 5 feet 6 inches and her weight is 61 kg approximately. She has dark brown eyes and the color of her hair is dark brown as well.
Fighting in the world’s biggest fighting championship UFC Amanda Nunes has emerged as a champion as well. Most of the wealth that she has earned so far come from her career as a professional fighter. Amanda Nunes is currently living a lavish lifestyle and the total net worth estimated for her is $1 million US dollars as of now.
Education / Family
Born and raised in Salvador, Bahia, Brazil. Amanda Nunes is a daughter of Sindoval Nunes and Ivete Nunes and grew up with her sister Vanessa Nunes. She has studied at her local High school but it is not known if she has attempted any further education after her high school graduation.
Amanda Lourenço Nunes
|Birth Place||Salvador, Bahia, Brazil|
|Date Of Birth||May 30, 1988|
|Height||In centimetres – 173 cm
In feet and inches – 5′ 8″
|Weight||In kilograms – 61 Kg
In pounds – 135 lbs
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Profession||Mixed Martial Artist|
|Home Town||Salvador, Bahia, Brazil|
|Debut||MMA – At Prime MMA Championship 2 on March 8, 2008|
|Fathers Name||Sindoval Nunes
|Mothers Name||Ivete Nunes
Career / Fashion And Style
Nunes used to attend training at the AMA Fight Club when she resided in New Jersey. To train with MMA Masters, she then moved to Miami and trained at the American Top Team in Coconut Creek, Florida. In the year 2008, Amanda participated in her first mixed martial arts.
At the Prime MMA Championship 2, she lost the match in the first round against Ana Maria but later managed to win five consecutive fights with her style of winning through a knockout. Nunes was to face Julie Kedzie in the year 2011 but the fight did not take place as Nunes was suffering from a fight injury.
Competed in the UFC championship multiple times, she has emerged as the winner and holds the UFC Women’s Bantamweight Championship. Started in 2011, Amanda ‘The Lioness’ Nunes has proved herself to be unstoppable when fighting.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
Talking about her dating life, Amanda Nunes is currently engaged to her girlfriend Nina Ansaroff but they have not revealed if they are planning to get married anytime soon.
|Boyfriends/ Partners||Nina Ansaroff (American mixed martial artist)|
|Marital Status||Unmarried (Engaged)|
Here we provide you the list of Amanda Lourenço Nunes’s favorite things.
|Favorite Actors||Robert Downey, Jr.|
|Favorite Actress||Jennifer Aniston|
|Favorite Holiday Destinations||Paris|
|Favorite Food||Brazilian Cuisine|
|Favorite Things To Do||Travel, Working out in the gym, and Music|
Some Interesting Facts About Amanda Nunes
- After getting fascinated with capoeira, an amalgam of dance and fight that was brought to Brazil by slaves, Amanda Nunes stepped on the path that would lead to MMA career.
- Being the first champion from Brazil, Amanda is the first openly homosexual (lesbian) UFC champion.
- Amanda wanted to become a soccer player while growing up.
- Her mother believed that getting in sports would help her habit of getting regularly in fights.
- She had to live at her trainer Edson Carvalho’s gym when she first moved to Salvador to learn jiu-jitsu.
- Amanda was so disappointed that she considered returning to Brazil after losing her third UFC fight against Cat Zingano at UFC 178.
- She is quite active on the social media platforms and regularly updates her Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts.
- People used to get in a fight for a chicken egg where she used to live in during her struggling UFC days.
- Amanda and her girlfriend had to keep a licensed weapon handy at all times in such a bad neighborhood.