Biography / Wiki
A well-established American actress Ellen Pompeo is best known for her role as Dr. Meredith Grey in the TV series ‘Grey’s Anatomy’. She was born Ellen Kathleen Pompeo on November 10, 1969. In New York City, she was discovered by a casting director who offered her the chance to appear in an advertisement campaign for L’Oreal.
She eventually started her career with minor roles and appeared in many TV series such as ‘Strong Medicine’ and ‘Friends’. In 2002, she made her debut on the big screen with the romantic drama film ‘Moonlight Mile’ which was a commercial failure but her performance was praised by critics and considered worthy of an Academy Award.
She got a major breakthrough and immense popularity after she started playing the lead role in the medical drama series ‘Grey’s Anatomy’. She won a Screen Actors Guild Award for her performance among other accolades.
Height / Weight / Age
Ellen Pompeo weighs 50 kg and 123 lbs in pounds. She stands with a height of 165 cm or in feet inches 5’5”. She looks beautiful with light brown hair color and sparkling green color eyes with thick eyebrows. Her figure measurement is 36-26-36 approximately. She turned 53 years old. Her dress size is 6 whereas her bra size is 34B.
According to sources, Ellen Pompeo’s estimated net worth is $40 million approximately.
Education / Family
Ellen Pompeo was born as the youngest child in Everett, Massachusetts to Joseph E Pompeo and Kathleen B Pompeo. She was raised in a Roman Catholic family along with three elder sisters and two elder brothers. She attended Everett High School for elementary education. Later, she moved to New York City where she started appearing in various commercials.
|Real Name||Ellen Kathleen Pompeo|
|Nickname||The Pencil, Meredith|
|Birth Place||Everett, Massachusetts, USA|
|Date Of Birth||November 10, 1969|
|Height||In centimeters – 165 cm
In feet inches – 5’5”
|Weight||In kilograms – 50 kg
In pounds – 123 lbs
|Hair Color||Light brown|
|Profession||Actress, director, producer|
|School||Everett High School|
|Home Town||Everett, Massachusetts, USA|
|Debut||Film: Leo You Have the Time|
|Fathers Name||Joseph Pompeo
|Mothers Name||Kathleen Pompeo|
Career / Fashion And Style
Ellen Pompeo began her acting career with guest roles in TV series, such as ‘Law & Order’, ‘Strangers with Candy’ and ‘Friends’. In 1999, she made her feature film debut with a minor role in the crime film ‘Coming Soon’.
She was starred in a superhero film ‘Daredevil’ which was based on the popular Marvel superhero. In 2005, she received a major breakthrough from the portrayal of Dr. Meredith Grey, the lead character in the TV series ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ which has earned her international popularity.
She also worked as a voice artist in one episode of ‘Doc McStuffins,’ an animated children’s television series. In 2015, she was honored with the Taormina Arte Award at the Taormina Film Festival.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
In 2003, she met her husband Chris Ivery in a grocery store and got married in 2007. She has two daughters Stella and Sienna who was born with the help of a surrogate mother and a son named Eli Christopher.
|Husband||Chris Ivery (m. 2007)
|Children||Daughters – Stella Luna Pompeo Ivery, Sienna May
Son – Eli Christopher
Here is the list of Ellen Pompeo’s favorite things.
|Favorite Food||Salami, Pizza, Salads and Beet Roots|
Some Interesting Facts About Ellen Pompeo
- Ellen Pompeo is a native of Boston.
- Her scene in Daredevil as Matt Murdock’s secretary Karen Page was deleted from the theatrical version of the film.
- Before appearing in Grey’s Anatomy, she auditioned for a television pilot called “Secret Service” but the show was not picked up by any television network.
- She has 5 elder siblings who are at least 8 years older than her.
- Ellen has a problem with asthma.
- When she was four years old, her mother passed away.
- Her husband Chris Ivery is a producer. They both grew up in Boston and 10 miles away from each other.
- Her part in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was deleted from the final cut.
- In 2006, she was approached to play the role of Becky in Clerks II. But she had to deny it because she had just finished the pilot for Grey’s Anatomy.
- Angelo Pompeo is her paternal grandfather who was an Italian immigrant, born in Avellino. Her grandmother belonged to English, Irish, and Scottish descent. Her mother was of Irish origin.
- In 2007, she got married to Chris Ivery in a civil ceremony in New York City. The event was only attended by Mayor Michael Bloomberg and First Deputy Mayor Patti Harris, who also served as witnesses to the ceremony.
- She was discovered for acting while working at SoHo Bar & Grill in New York City.