Biography / Wiki
Imagine you are named after something that your mother sees first when she feels her first kick from you. This is the story behind the name of this Titanic guy “Leonardo DiCaprio”, as her mother was standing in front of the painting of Leonardo da Vinci.
He was born on November 11, 1974, in California. He is an actor, film producer, and environmentalist. Along with working in the film industry, he also contributes his time and effort to the environment. He always signed up for a complex role that can define his career and character.
Height / Weight / Age
|Date Of Birth||November 11, 1974|
|Height||In Centimeters – 183 cm
In Feet and Inches – 6’
|Weight||In Kilograms – 75 kg
In Pounds – 165 lbs
|Shoe Size||12 (US)|
Education / Family
He completed his schooling at three different schools Seeds Elementary School, John Marshall High School, and Centre for Enriched Studies, Los Angeles, California.
His father George DiCaprio was a writer of comic books. Unfortunately, his parents got separated when Leonardo was a year old. But they decided to live next door so that he isn’t deprived of his father’s love; he mostly lived with his mother. As a child, he aspired to become a marine biologist or an actor. Lately, he adopted a South African girl, while filming “Blood Diamonds”.
Leonardo Wilhelm DiCaprio
|Nickname||Leo Lenny D|
|Birth Place||Hollywood, California|
|Profession||Actor and film producer|
|School||Seeds Elementary School, Los Angeles, California
John Marshall High School, Los Angeles, California
Los Angeles Centre for Enriched Studies, Los Angeles, California
|Educational Qualification||General Equivalency Diploma (GED)|
|Religion||Irreligious (doesn’t believe in religion)|
|Home Town||Los Angeles, California|
|Debut||TV Debut – The New Lassie (1989)
Film Debut – Critters 3 (1991)
|Fathers Name||George DiCaprio (writer)|
|Mothers Name||Irmelin Indenbirken, Peggy Farrar (Stepmother)|
|Brothers||Adam Farrar (Stepbrother)
|Ethnicity||German, Italian (father)
Russian, German (mother)
Career / Fashion and Style
At the age of 14, he started appearing in commercials for Kraft foods, Bubble Yum, and Apple Jacks. Later in 1989, he got an opportunity to do two episodes of the TV show “The New Lassie”.
He was advised to change his name to something which sounds familiar to the American audience. He emerged as a great actor in 1993 by the film “What’s eating Gilbert Grape”. Later he got many offers for films and TV shows. Through “Titanic” he achieved international fame. He only signed for the unconventional and complex role. This helped in earning various nominations and awards too.
He has won Oscar for “Best Actor” for the movie “Revenant”. He also works as an environmentalist to promote environmental awareness.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
|Girlfriends||Bijou Philips (American actress and model)
Gisele Bundchen, (2000-2005, Brazilian model)
Bar Refaeli, (Israeli Model, 2005-2011)
Blake Lively (Actress, 2011)
Erin Heatherton (Model,2012)
Toni Garrn (German model, 2013-2014)
Kelly Rohrbach, (model, 2015)
Camila Morrone (American model and actress, 2018-present)
Here we are providing you the list of his favourite things.
|Favourite Food||Pasta, Lemonade|
|Favourite Actress||Meg Ryan, Meryl Streep|
|Favourite Colour||Green, Black|
|Favourite Book||“The Old Man and the Sea” by Ernest Hemmingway|
|Favourite Movie||The Bicycle Thief, Taxi Driver, East of Eden|
Some Interesting Facts About Leonardo DiCaprio
- He does smoke and consumes alcohol.
- The story behind his name is that his mother felt her kick first when she was standing in front of the painting of Leonardo da Vinci.
- He was advised to change his name to something which sounds familiar to Americans when he was 10 years old.
- His father worked as a comic book dealer.
- In 1994, at the Academy Awards, he was nominated for “Best Supporting Actor” for the movie “What’s eating Gilbert Grape”.
- In 1998, he donated a room full of computers to the new Los Feliz Library.
- People Magazine chose to feature Leonardo’s name in the list of “50 most beautiful people in the world”.
- He supported John Kerry in the US presidential election of 2004.
- For the 2008 US presidential election, he gave $2800 to Barack Obama’s campaign.
- He is contributing his effort and time to the environment. He also works as an environmentalist.
- After the success of Titanic, he decided to establish the “Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation”, to promote environmental awareness.
- His estimated net worth is $216.8 million approximately.
- He owns three cars – Ford Mustang, Karma, and Cayenne.
- He has been slammed for vaping during SAG awards.
- His smoking habit is a piece of contradiction as he is an environmentalist.
- Apart from being an actor, he is also a film producer. Films produced by him are Live by night, Orphan, Gardener of Eden, Ice on fire, Robin Hood, Before the flood, etc.
- His hobbies are collecting action figures and playing video games.