Biography / Wiki
Meryl Streep is considered one of the most esteemed stars on the screen and is famous for their versatility in characters and genres. She is an Oscar-winning actress, known for her work in films such as ‘Sophie’s Choice’, ‘The Devil Wears Prada’, and ‘Doubt’. She was born Mary Louise ‘Meryl’ Streep on June 22, 1949.
In the 1970s, she entered the entertainment industry and started earning major accolades such as Oscar and Golden Globe. She has successfully become the greatest actress by the surprising audience through drama, comedy, and musicals. She has adopted a masterly technique, expertise with dialects, and a subtly expressive face.
Height / Weight / Age
The height of Meryl Streep is 172 cm and in feet inches; her height is 5’8”. 58 kg in Kilograms and 127 lbs in Pounds is her weight. Her eye color is hazel blue whereas her hair color is blonde. She will turn 74 years old. She is famous for being a perfectionist while preparing for roles. She has the ability to master almost any accent.
Meryl’s net worth is estimated to be $50 million approximately.
Education / Family
Meryl was born to Harry William Streep Jr and Mary Wolf Wilkinson in Summit, New Jersey. She has two brothers named Harry Streep 3 and Dana Streep. She attended Bernards High School for her elementary education.
She was enrolled at Yale School of Drama where she started performing on stage in front of the cameras. In 1975, she earned a master of fine arts degree. Later, she moved to New York City to pursue her career as an actress.
|Real name||Mary Louise ‘Meryl’ Streep|
|Birth Place||Summit, New Jersey|
|Date Of Birth||June 22, 1949|
|Height||In Centimeters – 172 cm
In Feet and Inches – 5’3”
|Weight||In Kilograms – 58 kg
In Pounds – 127 lbs
|Eye Color||Hazel blue|
|Profession||Actress, singer, writer|
|School||Bernards High School, New Jersey|
|College||Yale School of Drama|
|Religion||Believes in God but not in religion|
|Home Town||New Jersey|
|Fathers Name||Harry William Streep Jr.
|Mothers Name||Mary Wolf Wilkinson
|Brothers||Harry Streep 3
Career / Fashion And Style
In 1975, Meryl made her film debut through Trelawny of the ‘Wells’. Later in 1977, she appeared in the film ‘Julia’ but she earned widespread recognition from the movie ‘The Deer Hunter’. The film highlighted the devastating effects of the Vietnam War on young Americans.
She was also featured in the television mini-series ‘Holocaust’ for which received an Emmy Award. In the next 10 years, she became one of Hollywood’s finest dramatic actresses. She earned an Academy Award for the movies ‘Kramer vs. Kramer’ and ‘Sophie’s Choice’.
She showed her vocal abilities in the film Mamma Mia! In 2008, she portrayed the role of a nun in the movie ‘Doubt’ which addresses the problem of sexual abuse in the Catholic church.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
In 1978, she married Don Gummer who is a sculptor. She has a son named Henry Wolfe Gummer and three daughters named Mamie Gummer, Grace Gummer, and Louisa Gummer.
|Boyfriends||John Cazale (1976-78)
|Children||Son – Henry Wolf Gummer
Daughter – Louisa Gummer
The list of Meryl’s favourite things.
|Favourite Actors||Robert De Niro|
|Favourite Actress||Judi Dench|
|Favourite Food||Salad, Coffee, Chocolates|
Some Interesting Facts About Meryl Streep
- Meryl’s father was of German and Swiss ancestry whereas her mother belonged to English, German, and Irish descent.
- She is one of those six actors who has won more than three Academy Awards for acting.
- She holds the record of being nominated 19 times which makes her most Oscar-nominated actress. Also, she has 29 nominations in Golden Globe.
- In 2014, she was honored with the Presidential Medal of Freedom by Barack Obama.
- In the list of Greatest movie stars of all time, she was ranked 37th by Entertainment Weekly.
- Her performance in the movie ‘The deer hunter’ was liked by Bill Clinton.
- She was inspired by the performance of Robert De Niro in the movie ‘Taxi Driver’, and hence she decided to become an actress.
- Her ex-boyfriend John Cazale died in 1978 from lung cancer. She met him at the production of ‘Measure for Measure’.
- After 6 months of Cazale’s death, she married sculptor, Don Gummer.
- Her hobbies are knitting the wears and playing the violin.
- She often uses classical music to get into character.
- Jean Arthur and Joseph Papp were her acting mentors.
- Her salary from the movie ‘The Iron Lady’ was donated to the Women’s History Museum.
- In 2016, she became the President of the ‘Official Competition’ jury at 66th Berlin International Film Festival.
- In 2010, she presented AFI Lifetime Achievement Award to the director Mike Nichols.
- She is a member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
- Her wardrobe from The Devil Wears Prada was donated to a charity auction.
Social Media Profile(s)
- Instagram – Not Known
- Twitter – Not Known
- Facebook – Not Known