Biography / Wiki
Barack Obama is one of the most admired and favored presidents of the United States. He served as the 44th President of the United States and first African-American President. He was born on 4th August 1961 in Honolulu, Hawaii. Before becoming the president he served as a US Senate in Illinois.
For his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between people, he was honored with the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009. He passed several notable pieces of legislation including the Affordable Care Act and the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.
Height / Weight / Age
|Date Of Birth
|4th August 1961
|In Centimeters – 185 cm
In Feet and Inches – 6’1”
|In Kilograms – 81 kg
In Pounds – 180 lbs
Barack Obama has an estimated net worth of $40 million.
Education / Family
His father, Barack Obama Sr was born in Kenya and studied in the United States. Eventually, he became an economist in the Kenyan government. Obama’s mother S. Ann Dunham was white. His parents got separated and his mother remarried Lolo Soetoro from Indonesia.
Obama started his schooling in Indonesia and attended both government-run schools where he received some instruction in Islam and a Catholic private school where he took part in Christian schooling. He majors in political science from Columbia University.
Barack Hussein Obama
|Barack Hussein Obama
|Barry, No Drama Obama, Bam
|Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.
|Santo Fransiskus Asisi (St. Francis of Assisi) Catholic School, Jakarta, Indonesia
Besuki Public School, Jakarta, Indonesia
Punahou School, Honolulu, USA
|University of Hawaii
Columbia College, Columbia University, New York City
Harvard Law School, Cambridge, Massachusetts
|Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.
|Barack Obama Sr. (Economist)
|Malik Abongo Obama (Half-brother)
Mark Okoth Obama Ndesandjo (younger half-brother)
George Obama (half-brother)
David Ndesandjo (half-brother)
|Auma Obama (older half-sister)
Maya Soetoro-Ng (younger half-sister)
Career / Fashion And Style
Before entering politics, he taught at the University of Columbia Law School. Later in 1996, he was elected to the Illinois Senate and again in 1998 he was re-elected for the same.
He defeated Republican Alan Keyes in 2004 and became U.S. Senate. He became the chairman of Illinois Senate’s Health and Human Services Committee in 2003. In February 2007, he announced that he would seek the Democratic Party’s presidential election.
His campaign promised a change in the political system. He won the presidential election with 365 votes and defeated Republican John McCain. He worked towards ending the Iraq War, increasing energy independence and reforming the health care system.
His victory and working towards the welfare of the country were appreciated by people across the globe. On 4th April 2011, he announced his re-election campaign for the U.S presidency. Obama won the election 2nd time and defeated Mitt Romney by 332 electoral votes.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
Obama met Michelle in Chicago fell in love and got married in 1992. The couple has two beautiful daughters Sasha and Malia.
|Daughter – Malia Ann Obama, Natasha Obama
Here we are providing you the list of his favourite things.
|Martin Luther King Jr, Mahatma Gandhi
|Yes we can
|Broccoli, Burger, Hot dogs
|Casablanca, Lawrence of Arabia, Boyhood
|Self Reliance by Ralph Waldo
Some Interesting Facts About Barack Obama
- In 1960, his parents met in the Russian Language at the University of Hawaii.
- When he was just 21 years old his father died in a road accident.
- In 1979, Obama made his first public speech at the Occidental College, Los Angeles.
- From 1996 to 2004, he taught at the University of Chicago Law School.
- “Senator Keg” is a beer from Kenya which dedicates Obama.
- He really makes good chili and stir-fry.
- He is fond of collecting comics. His favorite ones are Spiderman and Conan the Barbarian.
- He quit smoking in 2010 for his smoking.
- He has a pair of boxing gloves autographed by Muhammad Ali.
- He won Grammy Awards twice for Best Spoken Word Album in 2006 and 2008.
- If not a politician he would have become an architect.
- Along with his friends, he made a group called “Choom Gang” and occasionally marijuana.
- His hobbies are playing basketball, watching television, playing scrabble and poker.
- He belongs to National Democratic Party.
- Donald Trump is his biggest rival.