Biography / Wiki
The first African-American First Lady of the United States ‘Michelle Obama’ is also a prominent lawyer by training and an activist. Apart from Hillary Clinton and Laura Bush, she is the third First Lady with a postgraduate degree. She was born Michelle LaVaughn Robinson Obama on January 17, 1964. She is an inspiration and role model for women all over the world.
She is a woman with liberal thoughts and ideas, who learned the values of hard work and perseverance from her father. Being black she came across racial discrimination but such social drawbacks failed to pull down her spirit. She has always focused on issues relating to women’s empowerment, national service, and children’s health and education.
Height / Weight / Age
|Date Of Birth
|January 17, 1964
|In Centimeters – 180 cm
In Feet and Inches – 5’11”
|In Kilograms – 68 kg
In Pounds – 150 lbs
Michelle’s net worth is estimated to be $11.8 million approximately.
Education / Family
Michelle was born to Fraser Robinson III who was a pump operator at Chicago Water Department and her mother Marian was a homemaker. She has a brother named Craig who is a basketball coach. She had a conventional upbringing with all the values taught.
She went to Bryn Mawr Elementary School for primary education. For advanced placement classes, she was enrolled in Whitney Young High School where she became a member of the National Honour Society. In 1988, she earned her JD from Harvard Law School.
|Michelle LaVaughn Robinson Obama
|Miche, My Rock, Mrs. Robinson
|DeYoung, Illinois, USA
|American lawyer and writer
|Bryn Mawr Elementary School, Chicago
Whitney M. Young Magnet High School
|Princeton University, New Jersey
Harvard Law School, Cambridge
|Fraser C. Robinson (a city water plant employee)
|Marian Shields Robinson (a secretary at spiegel’s catalog store)
|Craig Robinson (basketball coach)
Career / Fashion And Style
Michelle started her career by working at the Chicago office of the law firm Sidley Austin where she worked on marketing and intellectual property. Later in 1991, she got an opportunity to become an Assistant to the Mayor and also served as the assistant commissioner of planning and development for the City of Chicago.
In 1993, she joined the Chicago Office of Public Allies as the Executive Director which was a non-profit organization. After marrying Barack Obama, she reduced her professional responsibilities and supported her husband’s career by writing speeches for Barack’s campaign.
In 2009, she became the First lady and volunteered at homeless shelters and soup kitchens. In 2010, she launched ‘Let’ Move’ to solve the epidemic of childhood obesity by providing healthier food in schools and encouraging kids towards education.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
In 1992, she married Barack Obama and has two beautiful daughters named Malia Ann and Natasha.
|Barack Obama (1992-present)
|Daughter – Malia Ann Obama, Natasha Obama
Here is the list of Michelle Obama’s favourite things.
|French Fries, Juicy Texas Burgers, Pizzas, Almond-Crusted Chicken Wings
|Song of Solomon (Toni Morrison)
|Uptown Funk (Bruno Mars)
|Favourite TV Shows
Some Interesting Facts About Michelle Obama
- Michelle was born in a middle-class family and lived in a one-bedroom apartment with his parents and brother.
- She skipped the second grade in school.
- She became the student council treasurer in high school.
- Her father died of multiple sclerosis which broke her emotionally.
- When she joined the Chicago firm for a summer job, Barack Obama was her junior.
- At a Chicago restaurant, Barack Obama proposed her with a ring that arrived in a tray with a dessert.
- ‘Princeton-Educated Blacks and the Black Community’ was the title of her university dissertation.
- In support of Hillary Clinton, she delivered a speech in Philadelphia during the 2016 Democratic National Convention.
- At the 2013 Academy Awards, she announced the winner for an award of Best Picture and became the first lady to do so.
- In 2007, Vanity Fair listed her among 10 of the World’s Best Dressed People.
- In 2006, Essence listed her in the list of World’s 25 Most Inspiring Women.
- Jim Robinson was her great-grandfather who was a slave in South Carolina.
- She mostly cooks Shrimp Linguine which is Barack Obama’s favorite meal.
- While studying at Princeton University, she has to face racial discrimination.
- Her hobbies are gardening, cooking, sewing, playing piano, and workouts.
- When she visited Saudi Arabia, she didn’t don an Islamic headscarf, which became a worldwide controversy.