Biography / Wiki
Hillary Clinton is an inspiration to all the women who aspire to become a politician. She is the first woman in the history of the U.S. to become the presidential nominee of a major political party. She was elected to the U.S. Senate in 2001 and became the first American first lady to win a public office seat.
She was born Hillary Diane Rodham on October 26, 1947, in Chicago. When she was young, she was a Republican who volunteered for Barry Goldwater. Later, she became a Democrat while attending Yale University with Bill Clinton.
Height / Weight / Age
|Date Of Birth||October 26, 1947|
|Height||In Centimeters – 167 cm
In Feet and Inches – 5’6”
|Weight||In Kilograms – 60 kg
In Pounds – 132 lbs
|Dress Size||8 (US)|
|Shoe Size||8 (US)|
Hillary Clinton’s net worth is estimated to be $22 million approximately.
Education / Family
She was born to Hugh Rodham, who owned a fabric store, and Dorothy Emma Howell Rodham. She was the eldest daughter and has two younger brothers Hugh Jr and Tony Rodham. For her elementary education, she was enrolled in Maine East High School.
As a child, she was a bright and ambitious student. She went to Wellesley College and took active participation in politics. Later she was enrolled at Yale Law School where she met Bill Clinton for the first time.
|Real Name||Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton|
|Nickname||Hillary, Hill, HRod, Mrs. Clinton|
|Birth Place||Edgewater Hospital in Chicago, Illinois|
|School||Maine East High School (1964)
Maine South High School (1964-1965)
|College||Wellesley College (1965-1969)
Yale Law School (1969-1973)
|Home Town||Chicago, Illinois, USA|
|Fathers Name||Hugh Ellsworth Rodham (American businessman)|
|Mothers Name||Dorothy Howell Rodham (American homemaker)|
|Brothers||Tony Rodham (consultant)
Hugh Rodham (Lawyer)
Career / Fashion And Style
In 1979, Hillary became the first lady of Arkansas and in 1993 she became the first lady of the U.S. The Democratic Party chose her to run in the Senate Election in 2000, which she has won with 55% of the vote.
In November 2004, she was again selected to run for a second senate term and she won second time with 67% of the vote. In 2008, she stood for elections for the United States Presidential Election but lost it to Barack Obama by two-to-one.
At the 2008 Democratic National Convention, she supported Obama by giving a passionate speech. She again stood for the 2016 United States Presidential Election but was defeated by Republican Donald Trump.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
In 1975, she was married to Bill Clinton. She only has a daughter named Chelsea Clinton who was born on February 27, 1980.
|Husband||Bill Clinton (1975)
|Children||Daughter – Chelsea Clinton
Here is the list of her favourite things.
|Favourite Film||The Wizard of Oz, Out of Africa, Casablanca|
|Favourite Politician||Martin Luther King Jr.|
|Favourite Food||Hot sauces, apple, burgers, ice-cream, wine|
|Favourite Book||Fyodor Dostoyevsky’s The Brothers Karamazov, The Return of the Prodigal Son|
Some Interesting Facts About Hillary Clinton
- In childhood, Hillary was not interested in politics. Instead of a politician, she wanted to become a baseball player, a journalist or an astronaut.
- In school, she was a favorite student of her teacher’s and earned many awards as a girl scout and as a brownie.
- In the U.S. presidential election of 1964, she became a volunteer for Republican candidate Barry Goldwater.
- Being a girl, she was rejected to be admitted for an astronaut program conducted by NASA.
- Due to her poor vision, she couldn’t join the Marines.
- To earn a postgraduate degree, she is the first presidential spouse.
- In 1997, she won the Grammy for the category best-spoken word album for the audio version of her book ‘It takes a village’.
- The first couple to be fingerprinted by the FBI was Bill and Hillary due to a scandal called ‘Filegate’ during the Presidential election of 1996.
- One of her book ‘Hard Choices’, was ranked No.1 political book of 2014.
- She has appeared on the cover of Time Magazine for 19 times.
- She has almost traveled to 112 countries in four years. She has traveled almost 1 million miles and spent more about 25% of her time on the road.
- Since 1996, Hillary hasn’t driven a car.
- Her hobbies are swimming, home decor, gardening, playing scrabble, and doing crossword puzzles.
- Donald Trump is her biggest rival.
- She is fond of art especially sculpture.
- She was the honorary president of the Girl Scouts of America.