Biography / Wiki
Enrique Iglesias is considered to be the best-selling Latin recording artist in the world. He was born as Enrique Miguel Iglesias Preysler on May 8, 1975. He used a false surname to enter the music industry as he did not want to use his famous father’s name to build his career. Apart from English songs, he has also released a Spanish album that has been appraised worldwide.
He has been nicknamed ‘The King of Latin Pop’ and ‘The King of Dance’ because of his numerous top-charting numbers on Billboard. He actively participates in charitable activities and organizes concerts to raise funds to help the victims of natural disasters.
Height / Weight / Age
|Date Of Birth||May 8, 1975|
|Height||In Centimeters – 187 cm
In Feet and Inches – 6’1”
|Weight||In Kilograms – 84 kg
In Pounds – 185 lbs
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||10 (US)|
Enrique’s net worth is estimated to be $85 million approximately.
Education / Family
Enrique was born to Julio Iglesias who was a popular Spanish singer and Isabel Preysler worked as a magazine journalist. He has an elder brother named Julio and an elder sister Chabeli, rest were his half-siblings from his father’s second marriage.
He attended Gulliver Preparatory School for elementary education. He went to the University of Miami to study business but dropped it in a year to concentrate on music. During his teenage, he started writing and performing songs without letting his parents know.
|Real Name||Enrique Miguel Iglesias Preysler|
|Nickname||Quique, The King of Latin Pop, The King of Dance, Kike|
|Birth Place||Madrid, Spain|
|Profession||Singer, songwriter, record producer|
|School||Gulliver Preparatory School|
|College||University of Miami|
|Home Town||Madrid. Spain|
|Fathers Name||Julio Iglesias
|Mothers Name||Isabel Preysler
|Brothers||Julio Iglesias Jr.
Miguel Alejandro Iglesias (Half)
Rodrigo Iglesias (Half)
Guillermo Iglesias-Rijinsburger (Half)
Victoria Iglesias (Half)
Cristina Iglesias (Half)
Career / Fashion And Style
Initially, he used ‘Enrique Martinez’ as his stage name. In 1995, he signed a contract with Fonovisa Records and launched his first album ‘Enrique Iglesias’. Though the album was in Spanish he rose to fame worldwide and won many prestigious awards.
He went on his first concert tour with Sir Elton John, Bruce Springsteen, and Billy Joel, and the group played in 16 countries. His single titled ‘Bailamos’ ranked No.1 on the US charts and was featured in the movie Wild Wild West. His singles such as ‘Hero’, ‘Escape’, and ‘Don’t turn off the lights’ from the fifth album ‘escape’ topped the charts in various countries.
He was worked with artists like Akon, Sunidhi Chauhan, Nicole Scherzinger, and Pitbull. At Premios Ondas, he was honored with the title of the ‘Most successful Spanish artist of the decade’. He has won Best-selling Pop male artist and European Male Artist awards at World Music Awards for the album ‘Escape’.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
He dated the tennis player Anna Kournikova for a long time.
|Girlfriends||Samantha Torres (1997)
Christina Aguilera (1998)
Anna Kournikova (2001-present)
The list of his favourite things is here
|Favourite song||Waiting for the End by Linkin Park|
|Favourite Movie||Drive (2011)|
|Favourite Musician||Elvis Presley|
|Favourite Food||Anything Cuban, Pizza, Burgers, Fries|
Some Interesting Facts About Enrique Iglesias
- Enrique consumes drinks and smokes occasionally.
- He is popularly known as King of Latin Pop.
- After his parents’ divorce in 1979, he lived with his mother and other two siblings.
- The Basque separatist group ETA, kidnapped his grandfather in 1986. For safety purposes, along with his brother, he was moved to Miami to live with their father.
- He had to undergo the plastic surgery to remove nevus from his face.
- In 2003, he made his film debut with the movie “once upon a time in Mexico”.
- His album ‘Sex and Love’ became the 7th most listened album on Spotify.
- In 2014, Billboard named him ‘The crowd-pleaser’.
- He has won 23 Billboard Music Awards and 36 Billboard Latin Music Awards to date.
- With regard to his music career, he did not share his plans for a musical career with his father.
- He dedicated his first album to Elvira Olivares.
- He became the executive producer for his albums ‘Escape’, ‘Quizas’, and ‘Seven’.
- Enrique’s hobby is windsurfing in the Carribean.
- On VH1’s list of 100 sexiest artists, he was ranked 44.
- He has two dogs named Grammy and Lucas.
- His mother belonged to the Philippines and her ethnicity is Asian-Filipino.
- Enrique has his own brand of rum named ‘Antico’.
- On the show On-Air with Ryan Seacrest, he became the first musical guest.
- In 2004, he was chosen as a renowned songwriter to choose the Maxwell Song of the year.
- In 2005, at Munreco building, Madrid he released the new Viceroy watch collection ‘Senas de Identidad’.