Biography / Wiki
A Colombian-American actress Sofia Vergara started her acting career as a co-host of a couple of Spanish-language television shows on Univisión. To achieve success and make her dreams come true, she went through a lot of hardships and proved that hard work and perseverance paid off in the end.
She was born Sofia Margarita Vergara on July 10, 1972. Her role of Gloria Delgado-Pritchett on the ABC series ‘Modern Family’, led her to significant roles in movies like ‘Chasing Papi’, ‘Four Brothers’, ‘Meet the Browns’, ‘Madea Goes to Jail’, ‘Hot Pursuit’, ‘Happy Feet Two’, ‘The Smurfs’, ‘The Three Stooges’, and ‘Machete Kills’. Forbes ranked her 32nd on the list of most powerful women in the world.
Height / Weight / Age
Sofia Vergara weighs 65 kg and 143 lbs in pounds. She looks beautiful with blonde color hair and sparkling hazel color eyes with thick eyebrows. Her figure measurement is 38-28-39 approximately. She will turn 51 years old. She is adored for her buxom figure and seductive deep voice with a strong Colombian accent.
Sofia Vergara’s estimated net worth is $44 million approximately.
Education / Family
Sofia Vergara was born in Barranquilla, Colombia to Margarita Vergara de Vergara a housewife, and Julio Enrique Vergara Robayo who was a cattle farmer. She was raised in a big Roman Catholic family along with five siblings and many cousins.
She has a younger sister named Sandra Vergara who is also an actress. She attended Marymount International School Barranquilla for elementary education.
|Real Name||Sofia Margarita Vergara|
|Birth Place||Barranquilla, Colombia|
|Date Of Birth||July 10, 1972|
|Height||In Centimeters – 170 cm
In Feet and Inches – 5’7”
|Weight||In Kilograms – 65 kg
In Pounds – 143 lbs
|Profession||Actress, Model, Television Host|
|School||Marymount International School, Barranquilla, Colombia|
|College||University of Columbia|
|Home Town||Barranquilla, Colombia|
|Debut||TV- Acapulco, Cuerpo y alma (1995)
Film – Big Trouble (2002)
|Fathers Name||Julio Enrique Vergara Robayo
|Mothers Name||Margarita Vergara Dávila de Vergara
|Brothers||Julio Vergara (Younger)
Career / Fashion And Style
Once a photographer spotted Sofia walking on a Colombian beach and offered her work and she started her career as a model. From 1995 to 1998, she did her first major job on television was co-hosting the Univisión travel show, ‘Fuera de Serie’.
In 2008, she appeared in the movie ‘Madea Goes to Jail’ for which she received a nomination for an ALMA Award for ‘Best Actress in Film’ for her performance. In 2009, she got her breakthrough role as the sexy and assertive Gloria Delgado-Pritchett on the ABC sitcom ‘Modern Family’ which became an instant hit and earned her multiple awards and nominations.
Apart from modeling for different brands, she has launched her own clothing line and jewelry collection. She has worked as a voice artist in the 2013 animated sci-fi, ‘Escape from Planet Earth’.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
In 1990, Sofia Vergara married her high-school sweetheart, Joe Gonzalez but in 1993, she separated from her husband. In 2015, she got married to Joe Manganiello in Palm Beach, Florida. She has a son Manolo Gonzalez-Ripoll Vergara from her first husband.
|Boyfriends||Enrique Iglesias (Spanish Singer)
Chris Paciello (American Criminal)
Craig David (British Musician)
Tom Cruise (American Actor)
Nick Loeb, (American Businessman, Ex-Fiance)
|Husband||Joe Gonzalez (1991-1993)
Joe Manganiello (Actor), (2015-present)
|Children||Sons – Manolo Gonzalez-Ripoll Vergara|
Here is the list of Sofia Vergara her favorite things.
|Favorite Actors||Johnny Depp|
|Favorite Movies||Godfather (1972)|
|Favorite Shoes||Sergio Rossi Suede Pumps|
|Favorite Food||Cakes, Meatball, and Italian cuisine|
Some Interesting Facts About Sofia Vergara
- Sofia has launched her own clothing line at Walmart.
- Both of her first and second husbands have the same first name ‘Joe’.
- In 2015, she received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 7013 Hollywood Boulevard.
- She became a guest host at the Viña del Mar International Song Festival which is one of Latin America’s most important music competitions.
- In 1998, her older brother Rafael Vergara was murdered in a bungled kidnapping attempt.
- From July 2012 to May 2014, she was engaged to Nick Loeb.
- At the age of 20, she gave birth to her first child Manolo Gonzalez Vergara.
- In 2000, she was diagnosed with thyroid cancer but got a full recovery after treatment.
- She was enrolled in a private bilingual Spanish/English school.
- Her son was named Manolo after the character from the movie Scarface.
- After her divorce, she attended Colombian University to study pre-dentistry for three years.
- In 2011, her younger brother was arrested due to his longtime drug addiction.
- Her hobby is reading and eating.
- In 2005, she was ranked 25 on Maxim magazine’s Hot 100 Women of 2005 list.
- Lancome’s L’absolu Rouge in Exotic Orchid is her favorite lipstick.
- She belongs to Hispanic ethnicity.