Biography / Wiki
Jay-Z is an American rapper, entrepreneur, music producer, and multiple Grammy Award winner. Born Shawn Carter on December 4, 1969, in Brooklyn, New York. He is known for his marriage to singer Beyoncé in 2008. He used rap as an escape when he appeared on Yo! MTV Raps in 1989.
Height / Weight / Age
|Date Of Birth
|December 4, 1969
|In Centimeters – 188 cm
In Feet and Inches – 6’ 2”
|In Kilograms – 83 kg
In Pounds – 183 lbs
As of 2019, Jay-Z has an estimated net worth of $1 billion.
Education / Family
He did his high schooling with The Notorious B.I.G and Busta Rhymes before they became rappers. Jay-Z’s mother, Gloria Carter said: “he was the last of my four children and the only one who didn’t give me any pain when I gave birth to him, and that’s how I knew he was a special child”. Adness Reeves, his father left the family when he was only 11 years old.
|Brooklyn, New York, U.S.
|Rapper, songwriter, investor, entrepreneur
|Eli Whitney High School, Brooklyn
|Does not believe in any religion but does believe in God
|Reasonable Doubt (1996)
|Andrea (Corrections officer at Rikers Island)
Career / Fashion And Style
In 1996, Jay Z released his debut album, Reasonable Doubts, which ranked at number 23 on the Billboard 200. The Blueprint, which featured guest rapper Eminem was released in 2001.
Jay-Z achieved even higher success with the 1998 album Vol. 2 … Hard Knock Life. He won a Grammy award for Vol. 2.
In 2003, Jay-Z shocked the world with his announcement that The Black Album would be his last solo record before retirement.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
Marie “Free” Wright
Cathy Michelle White
|Beyoncé Knowles (m. 2008)
|Blue Ivy Carter
|“Respect” by Aretha Franklin, “I can’t get no satisfaction” by The Rolling Stones, “”Imagine” by John Lennon, “Like a Rolling Stone” by The Rolling Stones
|The Seat of the Soul by Gary Zukav, The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield, and The Odyssey by Homer
|Kool G Rap, Eminem
|Aemand de Brignac Champagne
|Gold Jay Z
|Montecristos, Cohiba Comador Cigar
Some Interesting Facts About Jay-Z
- Jay Z was brought up by a single mother as his father left his family when he was 11 years old. He met his father after 33 years and forgave him.
- His name Jay Z is inspired by his old nickname Jazzy.
- Jay Z has won 21 Grammy Awards for his music as well as for other categories.
- He is the founder of Roc Nation and co-founder of Roc-A-Fella records. He also owns the New York sports bar 40/40 Club and is the co-creator for the clothing line Rocawear (Annual revenue – $700 million). He also runs a website by the name of Life+Times.
- Once his elder brother stealing Jay-Z’s jewelry and he shot his elder brother on the shoulder for stealing.
- Jay Z and Busta Rhymes studied in the same school and also did a rap battle in the cafeteria.
- Barrack Obama is his close friends but he never wants to be a politician.
- He donated $1 million to the American Red Cross after the hurricane Katrina.
- Beyonce and Jay Z were named the most powerful couple in the world in 2009, with a combined net worth of $162 million.
- Jay Z remembers his lyrics in his head and does not write down anywhere.
- His song ‘Show Me What You Got’ was leaked online and the FBI was looking into the matter.
- When Jay Z founded his own record label with Damon Dash and Kareem Biggs. He used to sell CDs from his car.
- Jay Z used to sell crack to earn money and used a rubber band as the money clip.
- In 2005, His nephew Colleek D. Luckie died while driving the Chrystler 300 that Jay Z had gifted him as a graduation gift.
- He used to take Beyonce on a Pizza date every Sunday.
- Jay Z was one of the few people that talked to Biggie on the phone before he died.
- When he had the opening ceremony of his club, His father died that night.
- Jay Z has more number-one albums than Elvis.
- Jay Z also co-owned the basketball team Brooklyn Nets.
- It is said that Jay Z and Beyonce are supposed to be coming up with a collaborative album and completed already but there is no news about its release.