Biography / Wiki
An American lawyer Neil Gorsuch is currently serving as a Judge in the U.S. Supreme Court. With his strong conservative voice, he worked at law firms and the U.S. Department of Justice as well. He was born as Neil McGill Gorsuch on August 29, 1967.
In 2006, he was appointed to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit where he established himself as an originalist and supporter of religious freedom in his opinions. He became the 113th justice of the U.S. Supreme Court and was nominated by Donald Trump.
Height / Weight / Age
|Date Of Birth
|August 29, 1967
|In Centimeters – 198 cm
In Feet and Inches – 6’6”
|In Kilograms – 77 kg
In Pounds – 169 lbs
Neil’s net worth is estimated to be $249,000 per year.
Education / Family
Neil Gorsuch was born as the eldest child of David Gorsuch and Anne Irene McGill. He has a younger brother named J.J. Gorsuch and a sister named Stephanie Gorsuch. He attended Georgetown Preparatory School where he was studious and was voted class president as a senior.
For further studies, he was enrolled at Columbia University where he became a writer and displayed his conservative views in the ‘Columbia Daily Spectator’. Later, he went to Harvard Law School to earn his J.D. where he was a classmate of Barack Obama. Later, in 2004 he attended Oxford University to pursue a doctorate in legal philosophy.
|Neil McGill Gorsuch
|Denver, Colorado, U.S.
|Georgetown Preparatory School, Columbia University
Harvard Law School, University of Oxford
|Denver, Colorado, U.S.
|Clerk of a judge in 1991
|Anne Irene McGill
Career / Fashion And Style
Neil started his legal by working as a clerk for Judge David B. Sentelle of the U.S. Court of Appeals. In 2005, as a principal deputy to the associate attorney general, he joined the U.S. Department of justice where he helped to oversee areas related to constitutional law, civil rights, and environmental regulation.
In 2006, George Bush nominated him to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit where he adhered to a belief in the intent of the founder of the U.S. Constitution.
To fill the vacant seat of the Supreme Court, Donald Trump nominated Neil to fill the seat which was vacated by the death of Justice Antonin Scalia. His nomination was surrounded by the political drama raised by democrats but Neil left no question as he was qualified to join Supreme Court.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
He is married to Louise Gorsuch and has two daughters Emma and Belinda.
|Daughters – Emma and Belinda
Some Interesting Facts About Neil Gorsuch
- Neil was nominated as an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States by US President Donald Trump in 2017. He was appointed for the position to fill the seat left after the death of Justice Antonin Scalia.
- His mother was the first female Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency and served under President Ronald Reagan.
- While studying at Columbia University, he wrote columns for the Columbia Daily Spectator student newspaper.
- ‘The Fed’ a Columbia student newspaper was co-founded by Neil in 1986.
- He has also written the following books The Law of Judicial Precedent and The Future of Assisted Suicide and Euthanasia.
- He was nominated for the United States Court of Appeals for the tenth circuit by George Bush. The position was vacated by Judge David M. Ebel when he took senior status.
- He has also served as Principal Deputy to the Associate Attorney General under Robert McCallum at the U.S. Department of Justice.
- From 1995 to 2005, he worked as a lawyer at the Washington D.C. law firm of Kellogg, Huber, Hansen, Todd, and Evans & Figel.
- His hobbies are taking care of pets, skiing, writing, and catching fish.
- His educational qualification is J.D. (Doctor of Jurisprudence) and Doctor of Philosophy.
Social Media Profile(s)
- Instagram – Not Known
- Twitter – @JusticeGorsuch1
- Facebook – Not Known