Biography / Wiki
Nicki Minaj is famous for her vigorous and fast-flow rap style. She is an American rapper and singer-songwriter who had established herself as an icon of women’s empowerment. She was born on December 8th, 1982 in Saint James, Port of Spain. Apart from her music, she is popular for her loud fashion statement, outrageous hairstyles, and bright-colored makeup.
Not being an American, has been an obstacle that she has overcome to make her dreams come true. Fans admire Nicki for her fierce and in-your-face persona. Her bold sense of fashion and chart-topping numbers will continue to surprise the audiences.
Height / Weight / Age
|Date Of Birth||8 December 1982|
|Height||In Centimeters – 157 cm
In Feet and Inches – 5’2”
|Weight||In Kilograms – 62 kg
In Pounds – 137 lbs
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Dress Size||12 (US)|
|Shoe Size||7 (US)|
Her net worth is estimated to be $70 million approximately.
Education / Family
She was born to Robert Maraj who worked as a financial executive and Carol Maraj a foreign exchange teller. Her parents moved to the United States and Nicki lived with her grandmother.
She had an abusive and drug-addicted father who had once set fire to the family home to kill her mother. She attended La Guardia High School for her elementary education. For a living, she did many odd jobs from which she was fired for misbehaving with customers.
|Real Name||Onika Tanya Maraj|
|Nickname||Nicki Lewinski, The Harajuku Barbie, Nicki The Ninja|
|Birth Place||Saint James, Port of Spain|
|Profession||Rapper, singer, songwriter|
|School||LaGuardia High School, Manhattan|
|College||Did not attend|
|Home Town||Queens, New York, US|
|Debut||Album – Pink Friday
Film – Ice Age: Continental Drift
|Fathers Name||Robert Maraj (Financial Executive)|
|Mothers Name||Carol Minaj (worked in accounting)|
Career / Fashion And Style
In 2007, she signed a 180-day contract with Dirty Money Entertainment which is owned by Fendi. In the same year, she released her first mixtape ‘Playtime is over’. The song ‘I Get Crazy’ from the album Beam me up Scotty reached 20 on the US Billboard’s Hot Rap Songs.
In 2009, she signed a contract with Young Money Entertainment which belongs to rap artist Lil Wayne. In 2010, she launched her debut album ‘Massive attack’ which reached number 14 on Billboard’s Hot 100.
For the 2012 Super Bowl half-time show, she performed ‘Give me all your Luvin’ featuring Madonna and rapper M.I.A. She gave her voice to the character Steffie in ‘Ice Age: Continental Drift’. In 2014, she made her acting debut by appearing in ‘The other woman’.
She was featured in ‘Swalla’ which was Jason Derulo’s single. In 2017, she signed with the modeling agency ‘Wilhelmina Models’. At the 2012 MTV Music Awards, she won ‘Best Female Video’ for the song ‘Starships’.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
She has dated many guys but did not marry anyone yet.
|Boyfriends||Safaree Samuels (2002-2014)
Meek Mill (2014-present)
Here is the list of her favourite things.
|Favourite Designers||Alexander McQueen
Some Interesting Facts About Nicki Minaj
- In 2010, she became the first female solo artist who had seven consecutive to ranking on Billboards.
- In 2013, for the 12th American Idol, she became one of the judges.
- For MTV’s Annual Hottest MC List, she became the first female to be selected.
- She is popular for her distinctive rapping style as it is a mix of different accents and inclusion of alter egos.
- She has worked as an administrative assistant, customer service, and an office manager at Wall Street Company.
- Lil Wayne is her mentor which is being reflected in the way she includes metaphor, punch lines, and wordplay.
- Her fashion inspiration is Betsey Johnson.
- She has done endorsement for brands like MAC Cosmetics, Adidas, and Pepsi.
- In the Forbes ‘Hip Hop Cash Kings’ list, she is the only woman listed.
- In school, she used to recite Jay-z’s lyrics along with her friends.
- She wanted a strict household because her family wasn’t strict.
- Jay Z and Foxy Brown are her inspiration for music.
- Her mother and father both were gospel singers.
- She does smoke and consumes alcohol.
- Her albums Pink Friday and Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded peaked to number one on Billboard 200.
- She has been considered as the most influential female wrapper by the New York Times.
- She got the required attention from the bubblegum rap she did.
- Her ethnicity is Trinidadians of African heritage and Asian-Indian heritage.