Biography / Wiki
An American-born, Australian actress Nicole Kidman has a long list of awards, honors, and achievements in her kitty including Australia’s top civil honor the Companion of the Order of Australia. She is undoubtedly one of the reigning actresses who have given excellent performances repeatedly.
She was born Nicole Mary Kidman AC on June 20, 1967. She is an iconic figure ever since her debut in the Australian film industry.
After her performance in ‘Days of Thunder’ she became a part of some of the best Hollywood flicks including, ‘Batman Forever’, ‘To Die For’, ‘Moulin Rouge’, ‘The Others’, ‘The Hours’ and so on. She is actively involved in philanthropic activities which include the welfare of women.
Height / Weight / Age
Nicole Kidman weighs 58 kg and 128 lbs in pounds. She has a model-like figure with a height of 180 cm or in feet inches 5’11”. She will turn 56 years old. She looks beautiful with red color hair and sparkling blue color eyes with thick eyebrows. Her figure measurement is 34-36-23 approximately. She has radiant skin and high cheekbones.
According to the sources, Nicole Kidman’s estimated net worth is $140 million approximately.
Education / Family
Nicole Kidman was born to David Kidman who was a biochemist and clinical psychologist and Janelle Ann worked as a nursing instructor. She has a younger sister Antonio Kidman who is also a famous Australian TV personality.
She attended Lane Cove Public School and later North Sydney Girls’ High School for her elementary education. Since she was interested in acting, she was enrolled in the Victorian College of the Arts in Melbourne and Phillip Street Theatre in Sydney.
|Real Name||Nicole Mary Kidman AC|
|Nickname||Nic, Nicole Urban|
|Birth Place||Honolulu, Hawaii, United States|
|Date Of Birth||June 20, 1967|
|Height||In Centimeters – 180 cm
In Feet and Inches – 5’11”
|Weight||In Kilograms – 58 kg
In Pounds – 128 lbs
|Profession||Actress, singer, producer|
|School||North Sydney Girls High School|
|College||Philip Street Theater, Australia|
|Home Town||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
|Fathers Name||Antony David Kidman
|Mothers Name||Janelle Ann
|Sister||Antonia Kidman (Younger)
Career / Fashion And Style
In 1983, she began her acting career and was starred in various Australian film and television productions. Later she landed on a series of diverse roles. She received a major breakthrough in 2001 when she was starred in the musical fantasy ‘Moulin Rouge!’ and earned her first Academy Award nomination.
She was featured in Stephen Daldry’s ‘The Hours’ for which she was bestowed with an Oscar, Golden Globe and BAFTA for the same, in addition to the numerous critics’ awards. For the movies To Die For’, ‘Moulin Rouge’ and ‘The Hours’, she won three awards out of ten nominations at the Golden Globe awards.
In 1994, she was appointed as a goodwill ambassador for UNICEF and she worked towards uplifting the living condition of underprivileged children.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
Tom Cruise was her first husband and the couple adopted a daughter, Isabella Jane and a son, Connor Anthony. After a few years, the two separated stating irreconcilable differences as the reason. N 2006, she again got married to Keith Urban and the couple is blessed with two biological daughters, Sunday Rose Kidman Urban and Faith Margaret Kidman Urban.
|Boyfriends||Tom Cruise (1990-2001)
Adrien Brody (2003)
Lenny Kravitz (2003-2004)
Keith Urban (2006)
|Children||Son – Connor Cruise
Daughters – Sunday Rose Kidman Urban
Faith Margaret Kidman Urban
Here we are providing you the list of Nicole Kidman favorite things.
|Favorite movies||The Wizard Of Oz
Gone With The Wind (1939)
|Favorite Food||Chocolate, Pizza, Apple Martinis|
|Favorite Singer(s)||Lenny Kravitz|
Some Interesting Facts About Nicole Kidman
- Along with Tom Cruise, she donated to Hillary Clinton‘s campaign for a seat in the U.S. Senate representing New York State.
- Tom Cruise nicknamed her as “The Wild Australian”.
- She is scared of butterflies.
- She holds the dual citizenship of Australia and the United States.
- She has worked in two different film adaptations of DC Comics’ characters: Batman Forever and Aquaman.
- She had her first kiss in 1980 while watching The Shining(1980) with her boyfriend.
- For her role in Queen of the Desert, she learned to ride camels.
- Her fans are referred to as ‘Kidmaniacs’.
- The Oscar which she won has been placed over the fireplace in her mother’s home.
- Lauren Bacall is her best friend and calls her ‘American Mother’.
- She got her first job at the age of 14, at the Capitol Theatre in Sydney, where she worked as an usherette at Sesame Street Live.
- To receive an Academy Award for the Best Actress award, she is the 123rd actress.
- At the 2013 Cannes Film Festival, she was one of the members of the main competition jury.
- From 2002 to 2010, she didn’t receive any Oscar nomination.
- She has a niece named Lucia and two nephews named Hamish and James.