Biography / Wiki
Being a child, when you become a victim of sexual abuse you start losing your hope to live a happy and successful life. But Oprah Winfrey has overcome all the obstacles to become a world-popular influencer and self-made billionaire. She grew up in poverty and was mistreated as a child.
She was born on 29th January 1954 in Mississippi. After seeing such a difficult start in her life, she decided to focus on her studies to become successful. She became popular as a host of her own talk show. She is an American actress, media executive, and billionaire philanthropist.
Height / Weight / Age
|Date Of Birth
|29 January 1954
|In Centimeters – 169 cm
In Feet and Inches – 5’6.5”
|In Kilograms – 68 kg
In Pounds – 149 lbs
As of 2019, Oprah Winfrey has an estimated net worth of $3.5 Billion.
Education / Family
She was born to an unmarried mother. Her biological father was a soldier. She attended Nicolet High School, Wisconsin, USA for elementary education. Since childhood, she grew her interest in reciting verses from the Bible. The spirituality in her was inherited by her grandmother. She revealed that she was sexually molested by her cousin, uncle, and family friend.
After suffering so much, she decided to run away from home, for a better future. At the age of 14, she found that she is pregnant. Her baby died soon because he was born prematurely. She secured a full scholarship and decided to attend Tennessee State University to study communication. To afford her expenses she started doing odd jobs.
|Oprah Gail Winfrey
|Kosciusko, Mississippi, U.S.
|TV Show Host, Actress, and Author
|Nicolet High School, Wisconsin, USA
|East Literature Magnet School, Nashville
Tennessee State University
|Kosciusko, Mississippi, U.S.
Patricia Lee Lloyd
Career / Fashion And Style
She worked as a full-time reporter for a Baltimore television news channel. But she was fired due to her poor performance. She was provided with one more opportunity to anchor a morning talk show “People are talking”. She received excellent ratings and earned popularity.
She started hosting a talk show “A.M Chicago” in Chicago. After tremendous success to the show, the producers changed the name of the show to “The Oprah Winfrey Show”. In the movie “The Colour Purple”, she performed as an actress.
She conducted an interview with Michael Jackson in 1993. For the discussion on books, she launched a talk show “Oprah’s Book Club” in 1996. She provided her voice in many movies like “The Princess and the Frog”, “Bee Movie” etc.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband, and More
Here we are providing you with a list of her favorite things.
|Caramel popcorn, Chicken pot pie
|To Kill A Mockingbird
Some Interesting Facts About Oprah Winfrey
- She was being conceived out of wedlock.
- Up to the age of 6, she was brought up by her maternal grandparents Hattie Mae and Earless Lee in Mississippi.
- Due to her birth certificate mistake, she was named “Orpah” instead of “Oprah”.
- She was nicknamed “The Preacher” because of her ability to recite Bible verses when her grandmother often took her to church.
- She also experimented with drugs including cocaine.
- In her high school, she was elected as President of the Student Council.
- She did her first job at a Nashville radio station.
- During 1991 and 1992, “The Oprah Winfrey Show” got about 13 million viewers each night.
- From 2004-2010, she became the first black person to rank among the 50 most generous Americans.
- For the educational cause, she has given away $400 million.
- Her day begins her day with yoga and meditation.
- Every week she receives around 12,000 emails from her fans around the world.
- Her salary is $75 million/year approximately.
- Her hobbies are reading, spending time with dogs, and photography.
- She has pursued a degree in communications.
- In history, she is the first woman to own and produce her own talk show.
- Since the age of 15, she maintains a journal of every day of her life.
- ‘Art Smith’ is her personal chef.
- On the annual Forbes magazine, she was ranked #3 in “Celebrity 100 list”.
- By the National Book Foundation, she was awarded the 50th-anniversary medal in New York City.
- She was honored with the Presidential Medal of Freedom by Barack Obama.
- She supported and encouraged LGBT people to enter the mainstream through television appearances.
- She created “Oprah’s Angel Network” to provide funds to charitable projects and NGOs.