Biography / Wiki
Though born in a family of Physicians, this “Desi Girl” is ruling Bollywood and Hollywood too. This former Miss World was born on July 18, 1982, in Jamshedpur, India.
Due to her interests and outstanding performance in different fields, she is considered as one of the most powerful women in the world. In 2018, she found love in her life and married Nick Jonas in Udaipur with all the Christian and Hindu rituals simultaneously.
Height / Weight / Age
|Date Of Birth||July 18, 1982|
|Height||In Centimeters – 169 cm
In Feet and Inches – 5’6.5”
|Weight||In Kilograms – 55 kg
In Pounds – 121 lbs
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Dress Size||10 (US)|
|Shoe Size||8 (US)|
Education / Family
Both the parents of Priyanka Chopra worked in the Indian Army as Physicians. She has a younger brother, Siddharth Chopra. Her family was very supportive and encouraging when she decided to pursue acting as a career. Priyanka’s family has always been her strength and encouragement.
She was very close to her father, Ashok Chopra who died from cancer in 2013. In remembrance of her father, she got a tattoo “Daddy’s lil girl”. She is married to American singer and actor Nick Jonas. The wedding took place in Umaid Bhawan, Jodhpur.
She completed her schooling in different schools and cities, due to the regular transfers of her parents. If not acting, Priyanka was interested in criminal psychology.
|Nickname||Piggy Chops, Sunshine, Mimi, PC|
|Birth Place||Jamshedpur, Jharkhand|
|Profession||Actress, model, singer|
|School||La Martiniere Girls School, Lucknow
St. Maria Goretti College, Bareilly
Newton North High School in Newton, Massachusetts
John F. Kennedy High School in Cedar Rapids, Lowa
Army School, Bareilly
|College||Jai Hind College and Basant Singh Institute of Science, Mumbai|
|Debut||In 2002 Tamil film – Thamizhan
In 2003 Bollywood film – The Hero: Love Story of a Spy
|Fathers Name||Dr. Ashok Chopra (physician)|
|Mothers Name||Dr. Madhu Chopra (physician)|
|Brothers||Younger brother Siddharth Chopra|
Career / Fashion and Style
Priyanka never faced any difficulty in pursuing acting as a career, even after she was born in a family of doctors. Before coming to the film industry, she won many beauty contests and became a former miss world. Her beautiful smile and flawless look attracted film-makers and she started getting offers for movies.
Till date, she has starred in more than 50 films. She has earned numerous awards due to her impressive work in the movies. Along with her mother, she is also running a production house “Purple Pebble Pictures”.
After, her Bollywood successes she entered Hollywood and signed for an American TV show “Quantico” in 2015. Lately, she also worked in the Hollywood film “Baywatch”.
Priyanka was also interested in the music industry. Her first single “In my city” was released in 2013, followed by the song “Exotic” where she worked with International singer Pitbull. Piggy Chops has always been a style icon for the glamorous world. Here is the official video of Exotic ft. Pitbull-
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
|Boyfriends||Aseem Merchant (Model)
Akshay Kumar (Actor)
Harman Baweja (Actor)
Shah Rukh Khan (Actor, rumor)
Shahid Kapoor (Actor)
Nick Jonas (Singer, Songwriter)
|Marital Status||Married in 2018|
|Husband||Married Nick Jonas in 2018|
Here we are providing you the list of her favorite things.
|Favorite Actors||Kishore Kumar, Shah Rukh Khan, Dharmendra, Tom Hardy, Mel Gibson, and Matthew McConaughey|
|Favorite Actress||Rekha and Sushmita Sen|
|Favorite Fashion Designer||Prabal Gurung|
|Favorite Perfume||Ralph Lauren Romance|
|Favorite Restaurant||Olive in Mumbai|
|Favorite Destinations||Paris, Brazil, and Mexico|
|Favorite Food||Fish curry, Chicken/Mutton Biryani, Red Velvet Cake, Sarson ka Saag, Bourbon biscuits, French Fries, Burger, Risotto|
|Favorite Books||Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
Tell me your dreams by Sidney Sheldon
Letters from a father his daughter by
Some Interesting Facts About Priyanka Chopra
- She does smoke and drink.
- She was born in the family of physicians; her father and mother both were physicians in the Indian Army.
- She was relocated to different places such as Lucknow, Delhi, Ladakh, Pune, Chandigarh, Ambala, and Mumbai, due to frequent transfers of her parents.
- She won the local beauty contest “May Queen”, after finishing high school.
- She won the “Miss World” contest in 2000, at the age of 18.
- If not actress, she wanted to make her career in criminal psychology, but she dropped the idea after winning the contest and since then she started getting many films offers.
- Before doing a debut in Bollywood, she made her debut in a Tamil film “Thamizhan”.
- She has an estimated net worth of $32 million (approximately)
- Her hobbies are as follows – singing, writing poems, reading, and photography.
- Rolls Royce Ghost, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes Benz E Class, and BMW 7 Series are some of the cards included in her car collection.
- Salary (approximately)
- 9-10 crore per film
- $4 million per year for the TV show
- Her cousin sisters Parineeti Chopra, Meera Chopra, and Barbie Handa are also working in the Bollywood industry.
- In 2008, she won the title of “Best Actress” for her film “Fashion”
- Famous Hollywood actor Gerard Butler is her close friend.
- To enhance her nose and lips, she went for a series of plastic surgeries.
- From Ranchi’s Birsa Biological Park she has adopted a tigress and a lioness.
- She is fond of collecting cameras.
- In 2012, her first single “In my city” was released.
- She was honored with the “Padma Shri” by the Government of India in 2016.
- She is also working with UNICEF for promoting social causes such as environment, gender equality, health, and education.
- The production company “Purple Pebble Pictures” is founded by Priyanka Chopra.