Biography / Wiki
Some people are famous for their marriages and affairs with celebrities, but Valerie Anne Bertinelli is not one of them. Even though she has been associated with many big names in the industry, the two-time Golden Globe Award-winning star Valerie is an American actress and author.
With her roles as Melanie Moretti on Hot in Cleveland and as Barbara on CBS’s ‘One Day at a Time’, she became a household name. Becoming a most sought-after TV personality she created a niche for herself with her good acting skills and her confident poise. Post her life of drug abuse she had to work hard to reclaim her life and emerge as a winner.
Height / Weight / Age
Born on 23rd April 1960, Valerie will turn 63 years old. Even at this age, she appears fit and healthy and her body figure measurements are 34-29-37, she wears no. 6 in the shoe size. Valerie is 5′ 4″ in feet tall and her weight measures 62 Kg approximately. She still has a gorgeous smile complemented by her Blue eyes and Dark Brown hair.
Valerie has worked as an actress for a long period of time and has been a household name. As it is known that Hollywood stars earn a huge amount of money, Valerie has also earned a lot of money through her acting ventures in films and television. The total net worth estimated for Valerie Bertinelli is $20 million USD as of now.
Education / Family
Valerie was born and brought up in Wilmington, Delaware, USA and she is the daughter of Andrew Bertinelli her father, a General Motors executive, and her mother Nancy Bertinelli. She grew up in a Roman Catholic family with two younger brothers.
She had to move and live in a different location because of her father’s job. She lived in the Michigan Area where she attended Clarkston Middle School and later started studying acting at the Tami Lynn School of Artists.
|Birth Place||Wilmington, Delaware, USA|
|Date Of Birth||23rd April 1960|
|Height||In centimeters – 164 cm
In feet and inches – 5′ 4″
|Weight||In kilograms – 62 Kg
In pounds – 136 lbs
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Profession||Television Personality, Actress|
|School||Granada Hills High School|
|Home Town||Wilmington, Delaware, USA|
|Fathers Name||Andrew Bertinelli|
|Mothers Name||Nancy Bertinelli
Career / Fashion And Style
After working in an episode of the television series ‘Apple’s Way’, Valerie Bertinelli’s acting career started in 1974. The CBS hit TV series ‘One Day at a Time’ she got her big break in 1975. In 1981 she formed her own film company and later produced multiple hit movies like ‘Silent Witness’ and ‘Shattered Vows’.
She also acted in feature films like Ordinary Heroes in 1986 and Number One with a Bulletin 1987. For the show’s last two seasons of ‘Touched by an Angel’, she joined the cast in 2001. Valerie worked for many of Jenny Craig’s weight loss program commercials as it helped her lose weight. Who Do You Think You Are is a genealogy documentary series in which she appeared in 2014.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
Valerie Bertinelli married the guitarist Eddie Van Halen in 1981 and the couple was blessed with a son in the year 1991 however their marriage ended in 2007.
Eddie Van Halen (1981 – 2007)
Here we provide you the list of Valerie Bertinelli’s favorite things.
|Favorite Actors||Johnny Depp|
|Favorite Actress||Jennifer Aniston|
|Favorite Holiday Destination||Miami|
|Favorite Food||Italian Food|
|Favorite Things To Do||Reading, Shopping, and Travelling|
Some Interesting Facts About Valerie Bertinelli
- Although she eventually quit her habit and has been sober for a long time, Valerie has been pretty open about her drug abuse in her younger days.
- To benefit the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute she participated in the Boston Marathon in April 2010.
- In 2014, she found out that she had ancestry links to King Edward I of England during her appearance on Who Do You Think You Are?
- In a bid to take care of her shy nature her mother had got her enrolled in an acting class.
- At 6912 Hollywood Boulevard she was honored with her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in August 2012.
- She lost out to Jodie Foster after she auditioned for the role of Iris in the cult hit movie, Taxi Driver.
- As she was asked to do gratuitous nudity in the projects she turned down several roles in the 80s.
- Inked on her left ankle she has got a letter ‘W’ in honor of her son
- She was a member of the vocal group known as Peppermint Rainbows while studying in school.
- In the list featuring 100 Greatest Kid Stars, the VH1 placed her on the 29th spot.