Biography / Wiki
Dakota is an American actress who rose to fame as a child artist in 2001. She started her acting career at a young age and has worked with several high-profile actors. She was born as Hannah Dakota Fanning on February 23, 1994.
Though she has appeared in TV commercials and movies, she also has taken up model assignments. She has won several nominations and awards for her stellar performances on the screen. She is also trained in ballet dancing, playing piano and violin.
Height / Weight / Age
|Date Of Birth||February 23, 1994|
|Height||In Centimeters – 163 cm
In Feet and Inches – 5’4”
|Weight||In Kilograms – 50 kg
In Pounds – 110 lbs
|Dress Size||6 (US)|
|Shoe Size||6 (US)|
Dakota’s net worth is estimated to be $16 million approximately. Per movie her salary is $2 million. Her car collection includes Range Rover Vogue, Audi Q5, BMW X5, Mercedes C Class, and many more.
Education / Family
Dakota was born to tennis player Heather Joy and minor league basketball player Steven J Fanning in Conyers Georgia. She is the elder sister of Elle Fanning who is also an actress. She attended Campbell Hall School, California for elementary education.
Later she was enrolled at New York University for her graduation. At an early age, she discovered her passion for acting which her parents supported by enrolling her in various institutions to polish her skills.
|Real Name||Hannah Dakota Fanning|
|Nickname||Kota, D.F. Blondie, Kodie|
|Birth Place||Conyers, Georgia, U.S.|
|School||Campbell High School, California
Gallatin School of Individualized Study, New York
|College||New York University|
|Home Town||Conyers, Georgia, U.S.|
|Debut||Film – Father Xmas (2001)
TV – ER (2000)
|Fathers Name||Steven J. Fanning (minor league baseball player and electronics salesman)|
|Mothers Name||Heather Joy (former tennis player)|
|Sister||Elle Fanning (actress)|
Career / Fashion And Style
As a child artist, she was featured in TV commercials and signed numerous advertisements. She appeared as a guest in TV programs such as ER, CSI, Spin City, The Ellen Show, Ally McBeal, and The Practice. She came into the limelight while she was cast in ‘I am Sam’.
She also worked as a voice artist in four animation projects for Disney, Fox and Cartoon Network. In 2005, she was featured along with Robert De Niro in ‘Hide & Seek’ and Kurt Russell in ‘Dreamer’. She also appeared in a child-friendly movie which was the adaption of the book ‘Charlotte’s Web’. She has won Saturn Awards for her role in ‘Taken’.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
|Boyfriends||Freddie Highmore (2009)
Tyler James Williams
Jamie Strachan (2013-present)
List of Dakota’s favourite things.
|Favourite Films||Gone with the wild, Titanic & Steel Magnolias|
|Favourite Foods||Chicken & Taco|
|Favourite Accessories||Eyeliners & Marc Jacob rings|
|Favourite Singer(s)||Rihanna, Justin Bieber, Britney Spears, Cameron Diaz|
|Favourite TV Shows||I Love Lucy Ho, Fear Factor, Bad Sex, Skins & Howard Stern Show|
|Favourite Color(s)||Blue, Black & Pink|
Some Interesting Facts About Dakota Fanning
- Dakota’s ethnicity is Irish and German.
- Rick Arrington who was an American Football player was his maternal grandfather. Jill Arrington was a former ESPN reporter who is her aunt.
- Her grandparents had 14 grandchildren.
- She was enrolled in the local acting workshop, at the age of 5.
- She appeared in a Tide commercial.
- At the age of 7, she was nominated for Screen Actors Guild Award and became the youngest performer ever to be nominated.
- For her performance in ‘I am Sam’, she won the Best Actress award from Broadcast Film Critics Association.
- While filming for ‘War of the worlds’, she received an iPod from Tom Cruise.
- Due to her rape scene in the movie ‘Hounddog’, the movie was banned in many cities.
- She became a member of the International humanitarian movement ‘Red Cross’.
- She revealed that she wants to become a director as well.
- Her hobbies are knitting, playing the violin, horse-riding, ballet dancing, and reading books.
- Momo is the name of her family cat. She also has a dog named Lewellen.
- In high school, she was a cheerleader and was voted as a homecoming queen.
- She often wears pieces designed by Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen.